Hello. I have a 9330 on VZW. My processor is slow to the point that I am starting to notice the slow speed. I could move to a 9930 but the phone is to wide. I have almost given up on Blackberry and VZW to find a 4g phone within the next year. Does anybody know/think that BlackBerry and VZW will have access to a 9790 type device? Thanks for your help.
    11-15-11 01:52 PM
    I used to have the BB Curve 8530 and when the new OS 7's came out I had to have one and when I first seen the Bold 9930 I didn't think I would like how wide it is either but I got it anyway and its actually awesome! You don't even think about how wide it is after awhile until you put it next to the older models and the width is truly a benefit since its touch screen you need the additional space. I am blown away at how fast my 9930 is compared the old curve. I highly recommend it. But if you want a longer screen plus the qwerty keyboard I would suggest the new Torch. That's what I really wanted when I upgraded but they didn't have any in stock. They only had the all touch Torch but I have to have my keyboard. That's why I didn't choose the iPhone because I get irritated texting on them. Plus I am loyal to BlackBerry now sorry to go on & on, good luck & I hope you are satisfied whatever phone you choose

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-18-11 01:55 PM
    It's unlikely that VZW will have a 9790 type device available any time soon. The only thing that should be launching in the near future for VZW on the BlackBerry side would be the 9370, which is the new Curve model. I can understand your apprehension picking up a device the size of the 9930, as it's not for everyone, and is considerably larger than the 97xx devices. If you generally liked your 9330 you may want to give the 9370 a shot as it has a upgraded processor, 480x360 Liquid Graphics screen, and world phone capabilities (not like that's a huge deal to 99% of VZW customers).

Are there certain things that you are looking for in your next device other than faster processor speeds?
    11-18-11 03:42 PM
    Hello. I have a 9330 on VZW. My processor is slow to the point that I am starting to notice the slow speed. I could move to a 9930 but the phone is to wide. I have almost given up on Blackberry and VZW to find a 4g phone within the next year. Does anybody know/think that BlackBerry and VZW will have access to a 9790 type device? Thanks for your help.
    Do you truly think a 9930 which I own with VZW think it is too wide? Seriousy?

Have you actually played with it holding it for some time in the store. It is the best BB out for now with OS 7 and most likely for some time knowing RIMS speed in bringing out new devices.
    11-18-11 07:07 PM
    I was Thinking the same...too wide? It is the perfect size IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 09:09 PM
    Sounds like your running low on memory or have too much running in the background. Try this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...-memory-34633/

11-18-11 11:35 PM
    While VZW had the 9650, a cousin to the 9700, it seems unlikey that they will carry the 9790. I am waiting for the 9370 because I'm a phone geek, so I hope it drops soon.

I have a 9930. I thought it would be too wide - I'd used the 9000 and it felt HUGE in my hands, hated it. So I went back to the 8310 and waited for the 9700. So....I was concerned that the 9930 would be too big. Came to find out it is a dream of a device. Feels fantastic to hold. A dream to type on. I think that unlike the general bulkiness of the 9000, the thinness of the device makes it a dream.
    The 9790 is unlikely to come to VZW; give the 9930 a try. If not, the 9370 should drop soonish.
    11-20-11 06:46 AM
    I know the 9900 is a tad wider and larger than the 9000, but I still found the 9000 felt heavier to me than my new device. I wrap most of my phones in a defender during the week, so a small difference in size is almost meaningless to me.
    11-20-11 08:27 AM
    Do you truly think a 9930 which I own with VZW think it is too wide? Seriousy?

Have you actually played with it holding it for some time in the store. It is the best BB out for now with OS 7 and most likely for some time knowing RIMS speed in bringing out new devices.
    I'd say it's too wide for smaller female hands. OP did not say whether they are male or female.
    11-20-11 08:30 AM
    I've got tiny hands. It's comfortable for me, but the 9000 wasn't.
    I think the thinness makes a great deal of difference. I can type one handed on it.
    11-20-11 11:31 AM
    The beveled backside helps. Medium hands here and I have no problem typing long texts with one hand. My thumb is a blur! Haha note that I couldn't resist after 3 1/2 months and have been rockin my 9930 nekkid. I asked santa for an Ion Ring for xmas. Probably end up getting her to buy it for me next week. Or get reimbursed on xmas. Can't wait that long!

11-20-11 05:23 PM
    It looks extremely wide online, but once you feel it in person, you're amazed and you have to buy it.
    11-20-11 05:25 PM
    I suggest you to get the 9930 Blackberry Bold from Verizon which is a great Blackberry mobile phone to have those days.
    11-21-11 08:52 AM
    I'd say it's too wide for smaller female hands. OP did not say whether they are male or female.
    This. I'm a woman and the 9930 was too bulky for me. I also use a Defender on all my phones and the added bulk was just too much for my small hands.

I suggest you to get the 9930 Blackberry Bold from Verizon which is a great Blackberry mobile phone to have those days.
    The OP said he/she didn't want a 9930 because of the size.
    11-21-11 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD