Hello. I am new to Crackberry.

I purchased a BlackBerry Curve from a friend that switched to AT&T.

The BlackBerry is an Alltel branded phone. I have Verizon Wireless.

I attempted to activate the Alltel phone and to no avail. Is there any possible way to get around this? In other words.. can I use this phone with Verizon?

Thank you so much in advance!!
    02-07-10 07:16 PM
    If you are on a VZW price plan, no, you will not be able to use the phone.
    02-07-10 07:25 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry by the way...
    02-07-10 07:26 PM
    nope......
    02-07-10 07:51 PM
    Really.. that is so lame. Just another way for cell phone companies to make money.
    02-07-10 07:53 PM
    How did they make money off a phone you didn't buy?
    02-07-10 08:11 PM
    Really.. that is so lame. Just another way for cell phone companies to make money.
    Alltel phones don't route through the Verizon systems they would need to to function properly.... If you did get it to work, you would not be able to use several of the BlackBerry's features, mainly the ones you're paying a premium to use...
    02-07-10 09:24 PM
    Same reason I cannot take a Ford to a Chevy dealer for warranty repair. Yes, VZW bought Alltel. However, they didn't buy Alltel with the goal of managing two different networks at the same time. Time to phase out the old systems of Alltel.
    02-07-10 11:35 PM
    That makes sense. But it's just so frustrating. When with any electronical device.. there is a WAY to GET IT DONE. Us poor people don't have money to pay retail for a phone.
    02-09-10 05:55 PM
    That makes sense. But it's just so frustrating. When with any electronical device.. there is a WAY to GET IT DONE. Us poor people don't have money to pay retail for a phone.
    "poor people" also dont need blackberries. Something to think about huh?
    02-09-10 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD