There is this plan that costs 54.99 per month on Verizon.

It says UNLIMITED MESSAGING and UNLIMITED DATA, so if i get this plan it would be enough for email, sms and BBM? i wouldnt have to get anything else?
    08-08-09 07:57 PM
    Yes. Haven't checked the site in a while but make sure that plan also includes voice! (if that's what you want as well)
    08-08-09 08:04 PM
    No i'm not interested in voice tho.

It says 54,99. Unlimited Texting and Data.

I'm asking because i tried to buy it in best buy and the same plan said anything about Data, and they asked me to pick a BES or BIS plan apart, and i was like WTF, if @the verizons website it says unlimited data.

So are you sure about this? Sorry to bother you but i don't to get something that wont be useful and id have to pay more after.
    08-08-09 08:08 PM
    Then that would be your plan. Unlimited texting and data for $54.99. Do it at the VZW store, not at Best Buy (so you don't have to deal with the mess that involves a third-party).

Good luck!
    Last edited by sawedust; 08-09-09 at 12:39 AM. Reason: People who take things way too seriously have a need to make themselves feel better by berating others on the Internet
    08-08-09 08:12 PM
    Thanks dude i'll go to the verizon store or do it online.

The thing is that i'm an international student (well, i'll begin this fall university in the states) and they require a SSN if you're doing it @the store, and they don't ask for one online so i think thats the way to go.

Thanks for your help!!
    08-08-09 08:19 PM
    You're very welcome.

Enjoy university life, it'll be the best part of your life up til then

Good luck with both!
    08-08-09 08:20 PM
    The data is not capped, please stop saying it cause data on your handheld is unlimited.
    08-08-09 08:29 PM
    The data is not capped, please stop saying it cause data on your handheld is unlimited.
    Ditto .
    08-08-09 08:31 PM
    That's an interesting plan, I haven't seen that one before. I pay $60 for unlimited messing and my voice plan in one, then pay for the BIS on top of that.
    08-08-09 08:35 PM
    That's an interesting plan, I haven't seen that one before. I pay $60 for unlimited messing and my voice plan in one, then pay for the BIS on top of that.
    Yeah mines like yours but with Navigator on top off all that so 10 dollars more, I never heard of the plan the OP mentioned before now either
    08-08-09 10:16 PM
    Yeah we have messaging/data only plans. We created them for hard of hearing people or people who do not need voice.
    08-08-09 10:18 PM
    Then that would be your plan. Unlimited texting and data for $54.99. Do it at the VZW store, not at Best Buy (so you don't have to deal with the mess that involves a third-party).

And tbh the data isn't "unlimited," it's capped at 5GB a month. You shouldn't have any problems with the cap unless you're tethering or streaming internet radio 24/7.

Good luck!
    Blackberry data is NOT capped at 5GB UNLESS you are tethering. Please stop perpetuating misinformation.

The 54.99/month plan is a data only plan not a plan add on like the $29.99 and $44.99 data packages. I have it on two BB's that do not require voice minutes and it is great!
    08-08-09 10:47 PM
    Blackberry data is NOT capped at 5GB UNLESS you are tethering. Please stop perpetuating misinformation.

The 54.99/month plan is a data only plan not a plan add on like the $29.99 and $44.99 data packages. I have it on two BB's that do not require voice minutes and it is great!
    so the 54.99/Mo plan does include both unlimited data AND unlimited messaging right?

because if not would be stupid, ATT offers unlimited data for 30bucks.
    08-09-09 03:41 AM
    so the 54.99/Mo plan does include both unlimited data AND unlimited messaging right?

Unlimited DEVICE data......tethering is not include it....

in other words, email, browsing, application data, is unlimited.
    08-09-09 08:52 AM

AT&T is capped at 5GB tethering too and the $30 plan does not include thethering. Read their literature before perpetuating more bad info. (Sorry to repeat you Vato, but I just had to)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 03:38 PM
    Can you use google voice with this and basically get free phone calls anywhere within the us? Or does GV require you to have a number?
    08-10-09 09:24 AM
    Can you use google voice with this and basically get free phone calls anywhere within the us? Or does GV require you to have a number?
    You dial into GV and place your call. So if you're using your verizon service, you get no advantage, as a domestic LD call is the same as a local one.

08-10-09 11:58 AM
    T-Mobile for the win! $35/month for unlimited data and text, and tethering. (:
    08-10-09 12:04 PM
    T-Mobile for the win! $35/month for unlimited data and text, and tethering. (:
    And slow 2G connections, no immediate 4G transition and a much smaller network. No real win there.

08-10-09 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD