Hey guys. I am new to this site. I have used it before and found it pretty helpful, so I am oging to give this a shot. Unfortunately, I need a quick answer, as I am leaving town tomorrow. I am going to the Baja 500 in Mexico and have a blackberry storm. I have beendown there twice so far with the phone, both times having Verizon tell me it will work. It has not worked either time. The first time I did not have the sim card active, they told me I didn't need it. The second time, I did and it still didn't work. However, a guy I was with had AT&T and it worked just fine. I have done a little research on getting it unlocked and purchasing a sim card in Mexico. Can someone give me some first hand advice on that??? Is that my only option??? How much??? And what will it allow me to do??? Email? Text? Incoming/outgoing call? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!!!
    06-02-09 11:21 AM
    Baja California has more CDMA coverage than GSM. I have had no big issues with a Curve down there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 04:09 PM
    Make sure you change to Nationwide + Mexico before you go. Also make sure you call and enable International Dialing then update your PRL.
    06-02-09 04:28 PM
    can you unlock the phone and get a local prepaid sim card?
    06-03-09 08:15 AM
    I went deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep down in mexico at the begining of the year and had a few bars the whole time, except in a few ranches here and there but still would have atleast 1 bar. i only remember not having service once in 2 weeks.

Just make sure you have global data plan
    06-05-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD