11-17-09 02:25 PM
30 12
tools
    Okay, I hope this is the right section...

Anyway, I have a blackberry storm, and it started to automatically shut down, a red light would come on, and it would give me an error message...RIM100 or something like that?

Anyway, I got fed up, broke the screen, (i know, stupid), and now I called verizon for a replacement. So one is on the way, but I did not tell them about the screen problem..... SO basically when I ship this one back, am I pretty much screwed?

Also, all of my pictures and video that were saved on the device(not on the media card), are those gone for good? Any way to extract them? I can't even turn the phone on without it jsut powering off. Not even able to charge.

Thanks. I really appreciate any help.

Chris
    11-12-09 05:56 PM
    You will be charged full retail for the device when they receive it, I believe full retail for a Storm is $499.99.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 06:06 PM
    Full retail plus shipping.

Data on the media card should transfer to the new phone. Data in the phone will require backup to a computer.

11-12-09 06:14 PM
    Yep. It would have been better to file an insurance claim (if you have it) or buy a brand new device of your choosing at full retail because you are going to end up paying that anyway.
    11-12-09 06:15 PM
    If not full retail at least the 50.00 fru fee. You can remove videos using your USB cable. Why would you not disclose a cracked screen? Thats lame.
    11-12-09 06:16 PM
    Can you say SOL - better not lose your temper over a phone. specially for an error that is fixable. Save your pennies you will need them
    11-12-09 06:21 PM
    It was damaged in the mail, Yeah, that it.... the mail.

Probably depends on how anal the receiving dept is. May say heck with it and toss it. They get hundreds of defects everyday. All they do is recycle.
    11-12-09 06:28 PM
    Probably depends on how anal the receiving dept is. May say heck with it and toss it. They get hundreds of defects everyday. All they do is recycle.
    The phone is charged to the account - credit is issued to the account after device inspection. Devices are then sent to be refurbished. If they can't be refurbished, it is usually damage that doesn't warrant credit.
    11-12-09 06:32 PM
    It was damaged in the mail, Yeah, that it.... the mail.

No, no, no, no, and no.

11-12-09 06:32 PM
    No, no, no, no, and no.
    Must you always be so negative?
    11-12-09 06:35 PM
    Must you always be so negative?

NO, No, No , No
    11-12-09 06:36 PM
    The phone won't ven turn on anymore. I figure maybe I can get teh screen fixed before I ship it out....I dunno.....fml.

The phone won't stay on long enough for me to back it up!
    11-12-09 06:36 PM
    The phone won't ven turn on anymore. I figure maybe I can get teh screen fixed before I ship it out....I dunno.....fml.

The phone won't stay on long enough for me to back it up!
    Hmm sounds more like you should file an insurance claim. Now it sounds like you physically damaged the phone. Maybe consider anger management too.
    11-12-09 06:49 PM
    Anger management begins next week.....but it was having these problems before I damaged the screen, so it wasn't from me.

?
    11-12-09 07:18 PM
    Anger management begins next week.....but it was having these problems before I damaged the screen, so it wasn't from me.

?
    IT is you. Did you call your carrier or ask about the problems here before you took it out on a defensless machine?
    11-12-09 07:20 PM
    IT is you. Did you call your carrier or ask about the problems here before you took it out on a defensless machine?
    Nope.

And no, I do not have insurance, what is this insurance claim that people have brought up?

Man, first I lose my job, then I lose my phone. Great.
    11-12-09 07:39 PM
    Nope.

And no, I do not have insurance, what is this insurance claim that people have brought up?

If you do not have insurance, disregard that option.

Sorry to hear about the job loss.
    11-12-09 07:54 PM
    Nope.
    That sucks. Hopefully the anger management will help.
    (No sarcasm).

11-12-09 07:59 PM
    Try this process to resurrect your phone, then you can do a full backup.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

PS the timing can be tricky do NOT give up if it don't work the first time.
    11-12-09 08:09 PM
    The anger management was a joke, I'm a pretty calm guy, but did flip out on the phone ):
    Thanks guys
    PKCable, will do!
    11-12-09 08:44 PM
    Um...calm guys don't take their anger out on phones...

11-12-09 10:31 PM
    Um...calm guys don't take their anger out on phones...
    "Calm" is a relative term - remember, he's from Brooklyn.
    11-12-09 10:48 PM
    Search the forums. There are replacment screens available and instructions on how to replace them. Although they will be able to determine that it was replaced and will also void the warranty. But who knows if you replace the screen and follow pk's advice you may get that one working again and be ably to cancel the replacement and save yourself 500 bucks.

11-12-09 11:30 PM
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]

Oh boy...what is wrong? ):
    11-14-09 04:52 AM
    Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.

then i got this after i checked all the add on options
    11-14-09 04:58 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD