Has anyone heard the price of the blackberry storm? Verizon sent me a text message saying I could upgrade early with a new 2 year agreement and get a reduced price. The storm is the only device that I might consider an upgrade. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 09:00 AM
    Has anyone heard the price of the blackberry storm? Verizon sent me a text message saying I could upgrade early with a new 2 year agreement and get a reduced price. The storm is the only device that I might consider an upgrade. Thanks.

Nope. You'll have to wait until the device is released to find out.

Release dates and prices that are given out now are just speculation and rumor.
    10-14-08 09:25 AM
    Did the text specifically mention the Storm as an upgrade option?

If so, I'd bug customer service for the answer to your question - and if they can't provide one, tell them to stop teasing you...

If not, it's entirely possible that they might limit the phone models eligible for an early upgrade, due to the anticipated level of demand for the phone at launch time.
    10-14-08 04:10 PM
    mgm is right. that is a standardized text sent out to many ne2 customers by vzw. pricing has not been given to reps yet and is commonly recieved 2 weeks before launch. I'm sure we will flood crackberry with official pricing and dates once we have them. any poking around you find now is just speculation.
    10-15-08 12:28 PM
    i asked them about that and the rep seemed to think it would be covered unless the offer had an expiration date before the storm comes out. She looked for a date but did not see one, then went on to explain how even if it was expired by then they could put it on my other line and then move it to my current line so i would still be eligible for the prorated price.
    10-15-08 10:16 PM
    I was gonna say i am waiting on an email from verizon too about the storm. i have upgrade eligibility already because i cancelled and went back to verizon.
    10-15-08 10:25 PM
    Couple of things released to VZW employees we can talk about with the Storm.

1. FULL html Browser.
    2. Comes with SIM card for use over seas.
    3. comes with an 8 GB SD card.

Hopefully more to come.
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-23-08 at 05:20 PM.
    10-23-08 05:16 PM
    And 1 gb of internal memory.
    10-23-08 05:25 PM
    Ok so for verizon is getting the storm thats great and all for you people that are hyped about a touch screen, but what about the people like me who cant stand touch screens?

My point is, is the Bold coming to verizon?
    10-23-08 11:06 PM
    It should, sometime next year.
    10-23-08 11:40 PM
    Blah, lol. Thats about as much info as my mother (who works for verizon corperate) could tell me...
    10-26-08 06:16 PM
    Why don't we all just pretend the storm isn't coming or even exist for that matter...all the rumours that people either hear or just make up are getting everyones hopes up as far as price goes....I'm just going to act like I have no clue what it is...Storm???

10-26-08 06:40 PM
    the storm was rumored to have around 700 retail price and 200-300 contract price
    10-26-08 06:49 PM
    AWSOME while we are spreading rumours. I hear it is going to be 42 million with a MFG discount of 41 million on top of a mail in rebate of 500,000 and wait if you order now! we will throw in another discount of 499,700 with a two year contract. BUT WAIT! order now and we will throw in the AMAZING! Ginsu knife, it dices, chops, slices, etc.

Sorry had to have some fun
    10-26-08 06:59 PM
    Japow storm powahhh..yay random

10-26-08 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD