I just bought a new Storm last week and so far I have no had any serious issues. The only issue that I have so far is with memory. I have downloaded Facebook and Live Messenger and thats it...now I cant download any more apps. Whats the deal with this and can anything be done to increase app memory?
    06-24-09 10:39 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull recently?

Also, are you making sure you properly close out of your apps?
    (BB button > close)

Finally, what's your available memory?
    (Options > Memory > Application Memory)
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 06-24-09 at 11:00 AM.
    06-24-09 10:48 AM
    The BlackBerry Storm comes built in with 1 Gigabyte of Internal Memory, Unfortunately, only 128MB is for Program Memory, which sucks. There's is a way of extending it into the MicroSD Card but you need a special program called Aerize. Rim doesn't let you extend the program memory into the MicroSD memory becausse the BlackBerry OS isn't built that way. I would try what RickyRoss10 recommended and do the Batterry Pull.
    06-24-09 11:02 AM
    That Aerize program doesn't work as well it as it initially sounds (or so I've heard).

Also, bigro, after your battery pull, download Quick Pull - it's free and does the same thing as physically pulling your battery without actually having you put your battery.
    06-24-09 11:08 AM
    Ricky you are right. I haven't used it myself and I've read the reviews and I heard that you have to manually load the programs unto the memory card. Bigro if you don't mind spending $2.95, you can get MeterBerry in the CrackBerry App Store. It has a Battery Meter, a Memory Meter and it has a Soft Reset function like Quickpull.
    06-24-09 11:18 AM
    Ricky, my application memory is currently 21.7MB. Thanks for the help guys. Keep them coming.
    06-24-09 11:43 AM
    I just bought a new Storm last week and so far I have no had any serious issues. The only issue that I have so far is with memory. I have downloaded Facebook and Live Messenger and thats it...now I cant download any more apps. Whats the deal with this and can anything be done to increase app memory?
    Do you have pictures and songs saved on your internal memory? If you do that is what is preventing you from downloading more apps.

To make more room for apps you have to move your song and picture to you sd card.
    06-24-09 11:43 AM
    I have nothing on my Storm other than Facebook and Live messenger. I did the battery pull and now im up to 41MB.
    06-24-09 11:52 AM
    I have nothing on my Storm other than Facebook and Live messenger. I did the battery pull and now im up to 41MB.
    You need to learn how to properly exit apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 12:19 PM
    You need to learn how to properly exit apps.

Also, are you making sure you properly close out of your apps?
    (BB button > close)
    06-24-09 12:30 PM
    So just hitting the red (end) button doesnt close applications?
    06-24-09 12:41 PM
    So just hitting the red (end) button doesnt close applications?
    No, it sends them to run in the background - which will eat both your battery and your memory.
    06-24-09 12:50 PM
    Should my memory still be 41mb even after properly closing my apps and even if i only have 2 downloaded apps?
    06-24-09 01:06 PM
    Should my memory still be 41mb even after properly closing my apps and even if i only have 2 downloaded apps?
    41mb is still an excellent number. I boot to around 24 and am down to 10ish by noon (working on tracking down my leak)

In general, people worry too much about memory. It's really only an issue if it affects your ability to use your phone - like yours is.

Have you tried to download anything recently?
    06-24-09 01:10 PM
    I don't think anyone has asked yet, but what OS are you running?
    (Options > About > 3rd line v4.7.0.XXX)
    06-24-09 01:33 PM

and by the way, i am now able to download stuff without a problem. i think the battery pull out did work. thanks a lot to you guys for the help.
    06-24-09 02:02 PM
    Glad to be of service. I'd recommend picking up QuickPull - not only is it a battery pull without physically pulling the battery but it allows you to schedule a pull (like 6am - before you wake up for the day).

And it's free!
    06-24-09 03:27 PM

41 is good for the app memory on the storm..

I sit around 24 and its fine..

this is with a bunch of apps installed.
    06-25-09 05:41 AM
    This has to be one of the most misunderstood and rediculous issue with the Storm that I have ever seen!! Based on all the info I have seen, either program memory is like RAM and only is affected when programs are running or program memory is where the apps reside, so the more apps you have, even though they may not be running, the less app memory you have. THIS IS REDICULOUS!! What that means is the more apps you download to do stuff, the less memory you have to run them. If so, why can't the apps be saved to the phone memory instead? We have like 800Mb hanging around doing nothing since we all use memory cards. This is a blarin commericial for Apple. They show their phones with tons of apps, BB owners have to reduce their apps. Makes no sense at all!! Is it just me or is this a scam? I have a $500 phone, and if I download more than 2 apps, it slows down like a turtle. Where is the sense in that?
    06-25-09 09:03 AM
    I have bb storm i currently have 40.9 avaliable on my storm, i have blackberry app word. vz navagator, facebook,myspace,mobile banking,yahoo messenger, log cut (eventlog)visual vm, i believe thats it, Is that enough memory to safely run the storm> i just hate when it run slow. .328 is the software running (offical)
    12-17-09 08:20 AM
    More than enough

12-17-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD