Has anyone had any experience with an annual upgrade geting date pushed up a few weeks with an authorized retailer or corporate store? Also, how much is the Storm with an annual upgrade?
    01-04-09 09:19 PM
    Upgrade prior to date can be done, it would be up to the store, or you can call CS at 800-922-0204 and they can do it as well. Pricing can be seen at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless or they can review it with you
    01-04-09 09:21 PM
    Thanks for your help. My other concern is that will they actually let me upgrade a few weeks early (my actual annual upgrade is 1/29/09) and pay $250 or will they say I have to pay full retail price?
    01-04-09 09:26 PM
    Calling customer service will get you best results. Ask them to verify when is the earliest you can do an early upgrade and to make a note of that date on your account to be visible to a Verizon retailer. With this a manager at a local store will honor the upgrade. Done this 3 times, pretty much heard and been given the whole run around. Try it and post your results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by azboricua; 01-04-09 at 09:31 PM.
    01-04-09 09:29 PM
    Once again thanks for the help. I went ahead and e-mailed customer support, if they don't tell me anything useful I will call customer service. I hope everyone is on the same system because a few weeks ago I went into a VZW store to buy one and they told me to wait until 01/29/09 because of my annual upgrade. So I hope the store was correct.
    01-04-09 09:48 PM
    Nope everything is not on the same system. customer service has wayyyy more resources available to them than the store. EXAMPLE: I called CS and they said yes I am available for an upgrade and could go into a store and get it done. Went into the store and they said no. I had to wait 3 more weeks. Called CS again right in the store, had them talk to the manager at the store, 30 minutes later I'm walking out of the store with my brand new phone.

01-04-09 10:02 PM
    Well I hope all goes well for me lol. But lets say the store says I can upgrade and CS says I can't...Who do I believe? Or am I just SOL? I know these are a lot of questions but I am just trying to get this darn phone before I have to leave to go back to school.
    01-04-09 11:27 PM
    Calling customer service will get you best results.
    Agreed. I've been told no by a store manager but yes by telesales before. A couple weeks or even a month or two isn't usually a problem if you ask nicely.

While you can certainly have them move your update date or make a note it's probably just easier to have them place the order right there. You get it in a couple days and generally they are able to charge it to your account but in the case of the Storm and the 1 year pricing that may be higher than they can do that way. I read somewhere that they can't charge more than $250 to your account.
    01-05-09 01:22 AM
    My experience at a local store was great. I was only 7 months into my new 2 year contract (got a Curve in May). I explained to the sales rep that I would be traveling overseas quite a bit in the new year, with my first trip coming right up. She didn't hesitate to offer me the annual upgrade price on a Storm.

Considering how much of a chore it was to get the Curve at the NE2 price via an on-line rep back in May (yes, I was pushing for an early upgrade then too, since my 8703e battery was dying and I thought it was worth a chance), I found the process at the store quite painless.
    01-05-09 07:47 AM
    ^^^ Thats good to know- I won't feel bad asking for a July upgrade in May if the Niagara comes out as planned I knew they could do the upgrade 2 months early- but over 4 months is awesome!
    01-05-09 10:41 AM
    Well I got everything in order and I am getting the Storm for $197 (gotta love corporate discounts) on Friday when I get paid. Hopefully the stores I visit have some in stock. Thanks for your help everyone and I can't wait to be a part of the blackberry community.
    01-05-09 05:38 PM
    I've been a Verizon customer for 10+ years, and they pushed my NE2 up from April to January then from January to December.
    01-05-09 07:34 PM
    I had my upgrade last month and ordered my storm last week and it was only $150
    01-05-09 07:58 PM
    I had a great experience with my local outlet in circuit city...and with the CS via phone...they gave me an earlier upgrade, 150 bonus minutes and were able to give me a teachers discount on the storm...final price $150!!
    01-06-09 01:39 PM
    Before I go in to the store tomorrow to pick up my Storm, is there anything I need to know such as any upgrade fees (using my annual upgrade) or anything like that?
    01-06-09 04:15 PM
    Before I go in to the store tomorrow to pick up my Storm, is there anything I need to know such as any upgrade fees (using my annual upgrade) or anything like that?
    Nope, Enjoy your storm, I wish you good luck with it.
    01-06-09 08:38 PM
    You know about the manditory 29.99 blackberry plan right? If so then sounds like you've got it under control.

01-06-09 08:46 PM
    Hmmmm... couldn't be too desperate, looking for a Storm.

The truly desperate, if they have a mobile device, usually are stuck with a Samsung, an LG, a Moto.... not a Berry.
    01-06-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD