I know this has been discussed forever, and everyone always tells me something different, and its annoying. All I need to know, is if, the AIM that came already on the phone, does it use data or text messages? I only have 250 text messages, and i'd go over the limit in an hour.
    01-06-09 10:51 PM
    If you are with verizon, i'm assuming you were forced to pay for the data plan, in which case, AIM on your VERIZON phone would be using your data plan versus texts. hope that made sense.
    01-06-09 10:56 PM
    Made perfect sense. Thank you very much. So about that forcing me to pay for data plan, your saying I could have gotten the storm without a data plan? They just rapped me out of $30?
    01-06-09 11:02 PM
    No, I believe if you want a blackberry with Verizon, you have to add the data package to your contract.
    01-06-09 11:05 PM
    Ok, thank you.
    01-06-09 11:12 PM
    pretty much had the same question. about the AIM if it used txt or data. (the one that came with it?) , is there no way else to check except checking your bill tho?

also, if it is using data, i basically can just have my aim logged in 24/7 and it would be ok since it's unlimited correct? just worried about those 'fine prints' ;P

check my plan below..

Streamlined Billing
    Caller ID
    IP GENERAL USE W/FES
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging, plus 500 additional messages
    Call Forwarding
    NATLACCESS ROAMING PAYU
    EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY
    02-12-09 04:57 AM
    AIM on BlackBerries uses your data connection.
    02-19-09 03:43 PM
    the guy at the store told me to be careful...

i have a unlimited data plan.

any idea why?
    04-30-09 02:17 PM
    AOL instant messenger is covered under the data package, period,.
    04-30-09 02:56 PM
    the guy at the store told me to be careful...

i have a unlimited data plan.

any idea why?
    Because he didn't know his azz from a hole in the ground. You have nothing to worry about.
    04-30-09 04:00 PM
    Made perfect sense. Thank you very much. So about that forcing me to pay for data plan, your saying I could have gotten the storm without a data plan? They just rapped me out of $30?
    no its actually cheaper for you if you just add the blackberry data plan, then to get a whole new plan, about $15 cheaper a month.
    04-30-09 04:55 PM
    AIM uses data, no matter if AIM comes on the phone, or you download it from the BB website. It uses data. If you are on Verizon with a BlackBerry, you have unlimited data. There is nothing to worry about.
    04-30-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD