When my contract is up at the beg of march i was thinking about getting a blackberry for work. Which is the better service provider to go with sprint or verizon assuming there is a long shot that the curve will come to them by beg of march?

Any suggestions or reccomendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Also with verizon is there plan truly unlimited or does it have a data max per month.
    01-09-08 09:13 AM
    The data max for verizon is 5 gigs, which is highly doubtful you'd max that out on a mobile device.
    01-09-08 09:50 AM
    The data max for verizon is 5 gigs, which is highly doubtful you'd max that out on a mobile device.
    Well unless you tether the device to a computer and use it as a modem.
    01-09-08 10:12 AM
    id try tmobile check service in your area. they seam to be a lot cheaper then the rest and with uma you can have full service in your onw home.

evey one i know uses verizon and want to change but cant due to in network calling. they think only verzion has it and if they change then the people that have verzion will not call them any more
    Last edited by tomdick; 01-09-08 at 10:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-09-08 10:26 AM
    First of all, you will be very happy with whatever you choose and welcome! Personally I use Sprint.

Pros:
    GPS enabled
    Truly unlimited data
    Sprint TV (on Pearl or a future supporting device...eh hem Curve)
    Unlimited Text Messaging

Many of these things are either not enabled on Verizon (GPS) or an additional cost. My Sprint BIS plan is at $30 per month.

CONS:
    Poorer voice and High Speed Data coverage than Verizon
    Long wait times when calling customer service.

In either case, Look at what you want to spend and the coverage and make the best choice for YOU, then start your addiction!

Cheers!
    Last edited by jabruno101; 01-09-08 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Wrong Info
    01-09-08 10:29 AM
    First of all, you will be very happy with whatever you choose and welcome! Personally I use Sprint.

Pros:
    GPS enabled
    Truly unlimited data
    Sprint TV (on Pearl or a future supporting device...eh hem Curve)
    Unlimited Text Messaging

Many of these things are either not enabled on Verizon (GPS) or an additional cost. My Sprint BIS plan is at $30 per month.

CONS:
    Poorer voice and High Speed Data coverage than Verizon
    Long wait times when calling customer service.

In either case, Look at what you want to spend and the coverage and make the best choice for YOU, then start your addiction!

Cheers!
    thanks for the reply. on sprints site i see that they have two blackberry plans. what is 39 and the ohter is 30. what is the difference between the two. i will be using the blackberry for corporate email at work.

thanks
    01-09-08 10:44 AM
    Dont let anyone fool you,there is no such thing as truly unlimited data plans,if any carrier decides your using to much data,i think would terminate your service,not just verizon
    01-09-08 11:08 AM
    In my estimation, the $40 plan includes tethering and not unlimited text messaging. The $30 plan includes SprintNav.
    01-09-08 11:25 AM
    My advice is to really check for service in your main areas of use (ie at work and at home). If I got good service at home and a few other important places I may have went with TMobile for better cost and customer service. Sprint just didn't quite have the consistent service in my areas .I have Verizon because it works well all over the place and I get a big discount (25%!!!!) from work.

Check into that possibility as well, if your company uses verizon you can get up to 25% off your bill. That really made the decision for me.

Eli
    01-09-08 12:56 PM
    25% damn, thats great. I think I get a whopping 6%.
    01-09-08 01:12 PM
    I have been a sprint user for a number of years and Iove them. The difference between the two bb plans BES $39.99- can use to connect with your works enterprise, BIS $30- allows just data uses ( big plus: includes text messaging).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-08 02:32 PM
    I have been a sprint user for a number of years and Iove them. The difference between the two bb plans BES $39.99- can use to connect with your works enterprise, BIS $30- allows just data uses ( big plus: includes text messaging).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    so i take it for the $30 a month i would not be able to synch with outlook??
    01-09-08 03:53 PM
    You will be able to sync with Outlook.

I have been with Sprint almost 10 years and personally they are not my favorite but their plans are pretty cheap which is why I put up with their poor customer service.

I have a Sprint trouble ticket open for the last month on Sprint Navagiation and nothing has been done on it. ugghh...

Sprint blocks PictureMail (MMS) on their blackberries and that personally irrates me.

Sprint outsources their Blackberry Techincal Support to this company called EDS. The average hold time is about 20 mins and they read directly from a script and most of them don't even own or use Blackberries. (Based on when I speak to them, I specifically ask if they own a Blackberry) I have learned the hard way to look on the Crackberry site for answers to my problems and ask people who actually own Blackberries.
    01-09-08 07:58 PM
    Sprint has a fast network if you want to browse the web from your blackberry. The 39.99 plan allows you to tether your blackberry to your computer which gives you DSL speeds. Customer service is really poor -- and I have experience numerous billing problems. I dread having to call them, but it is worth it to have overcharges corrected. My understanding is you will pay more to Verizon and they do not enable all the features unless you pay extra. If Sprint has good voice coverage then it may be your best choice. The new $30 data plan for the pearl 2 sounds really reasonable especially if you use text messeges.
    01-09-08 10:11 PM
    Sprint has a fast network if you want to browse the web from your blackberry. The 39.99 plan allows you to tether your blackberry to your computer which gives you DSL speeds. Customer service is really poor -- and I have experience numerous billing problems. I dread having to call them, but it is worth it to have overcharges corrected. My understanding is you will pay more to Verizon and they do not enable all the features unless you pay extra. If Sprint has good voice coverage then it may be your best choice. The new $30 data plan for the pearl 2 sounds really reasonable especially if you use text messeges.
    So you can access corporate email with the $30 a month plan. someone at the sprint store told me i had to get the 39.99 plan
    01-10-08 09:13 AM
    If I am not mistaken The 30 plan for both Verizon and Sprint is for BIS use and the more expensive plan is for BES. Both BB are the same, both have about the same service, Verizon charges for it's navigator system, 9.99. I personally would base this on what provider gives you the best service where you need it. The coolest looking phone is not worth anything if it does'nt work. As long as you have a BB your good to go.
    01-10-08 09:23 AM
    So you can access corporate email with the $30 a month plan. someone at the sprint store told me i had to get the 39.99 plan
    That person was wrong. There are multiple ways to make corporate e-mail work with BIS. You can learn about those here and here. Personally, I forward my corporate email to my sprint.blackberry.net account and leave a copy on the server so that it comes through when Outlook checks the mail.
    01-10-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD