JWell tomorrow there will be a new blackberry sale offer. Currently there is a buy one get one free on blackberry(bogo). The prices are as follows the tour for 299- 100 mir storm 200-100 mir, pearl flip 140-100 mir.The bogo offer is you buy 1 u get 1 free after rebate. Well starting tomorrow tour is gonna be 249-100 mir, storm 149-100 mir, and pearl flip 139-100 mir. And also the bogo will be instant so if you buy a tour you will get your second tour for free just like good old days. But u must have 2 eligible upgrades or 1 upgrade and add a line or 2 new lines. Also unadvertised sale of if you buy a tour you can get a netbook free after rebate. Any questions feel free to ask.
    08-24-09 05:12 PM
    I'll "byte!"

So rather than wait 2 weeks for my ne2 Tour for $149, I can do that tomorrow? Just a single phone?

What's the deal with "netbooks?" Do you need a "monthly line" with them or can they just be used where wifi is available, like a library or coffee shop? I don't need or want another monthly bill.
    08-24-09 08:52 PM
    Hmm so I bought 2 Tours last week with the BOGO promotion at the $199 price point. I may just have to return them just to get the extra $50 off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 09:00 PM
    Waiting on the netbook answer

08-24-09 09:01 PM

More than likely you would have to agree to a two year mobile broadband contract.

08-24-09 09:14 PM

Yes it will require you to sign up for a 2 year contract on a broadband service. You either need to have the 39.99 or the 59.99 plan.
    08-24-09 09:32 PM
    If I just bought a new Tour yesterday through customer care, it wont be delivered until Wednesday, would I be able to get the $50 off AND do the bogo deal? We have 4 lines where one of lines is eligible for an upgrade along with mine. If the wife can get a free Tour then why not right? Does it just take a phone call into CC after I get my new phone?
    08-24-09 10:50 PM
    Ok well I went onto VerizonWireless.com and the price was updated to show the $50 reduction. So I call Verizon and ask about it and want to know if they can credit my account the $ since I bought 2 Tours last week. They deny me and I'm like whatever, I will just call back tomorrow.

5 minutes later the rep calls me back and tells me that he just read an email he received earlier and that he will credit me the difference! He even said "you were right" and apologized. Mind you that I was polite the entire time, even when I was first denied. Talk about customer service! That would have never happened with Sprint!

08-24-09 11:58 PM
    Hmm so I bought 2 Tours last week with the BOGO promotion at the $199 price point. I may just have to return them just to get the extra $50 off.

No need to return them. Just go back to the store you purchased them or call customer service and they will issue a price adjustment to your account.
    08-25-09 08:29 AM
    We got ours buy one get one free. He was eligible for a upgrade and we got the discounts making the Tour i got free , since he was adding a line, i switched from Sprint to VZW and he paid 50 dollars for his Tour. So now we both have Tours!
    08-25-09 08:53 AM
    The deep discounts for BBs is probably to deplete inventory before a rather large number of new phone types are announced for this Fall. There is the Motorola Sholes, android OS with wifi and a slider QWERTY keyboard, the Storm 2 with wifi, the HTC Touch Pro 2...

There seems to be enough on the near horizon to tread water for the time being.
    08-26-09 06:12 AM
    If i go into the store, can i still add the phone purchase to my monthly bill or do i have to actually pay for it there? I dont get paid til next friday, and Ill be going back to school this weekend, so Id like to get the phone before then.
    08-26-09 12:06 PM
    If i go into the store, can i still add the phone purchase to my monthly bill or do i have to actually pay for it there? I dont get paid til next friday, and Ill be going back to school this weekend, so Id like to get the phone before then.
    It depends on you account. Accounts that are in good standing have a set amount of bill to account eligibilty. You can just ask them what is my Bill to account limit.
    08-26-09 12:08 PM
    I have a VIP account that i pay on time every month. Should i go into the store to ask or call beforehand?
    08-26-09 12:53 PM
    If you are VIP you should be able to... I recently had close friends go and get a tour and a curve charged to the account no problem.
    08-26-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD