This is my first post to the forum and I would like to say how great this place is. I have a Moto Q and am looking at getting the storm which will be my first blackberry. I have a question about the blackberry professional software express. After some research, that is the replacement to the BES express that was free. BPS is free as well with one Cal. Since I am the only one here at my work that will have a blackberry, this will be perfect. Through my searching, the 29.99 and the 45.99 data plan differences are the 45.99 is for BES and the 29.99 is for BIS. What about BPS. Can I get by with just the 29.99 plan.

Thanks
    spudde3
    11-19-08 08:34 AM
    No, you cannot. Any BES like functionality requires the BES service to work.

However, with that concern (money), let me ask you this. If you have an Exchange server at work with OWA (Outlook Web Access) available and working on it, why not just settle for the BIS abilities for BB. OWA conduit works under just BIS. That'll give you near instantanious email with reconcile for deleted and sent items; meaning deleted items would be moved to your deleted items in outlook/exchange mailbox and sent items from your BB would show up in your sent items folder in outlook/exchange mailbox. The only limitations would be you will not have access to other folders under the inbox if you have any created in Outlook and you'd have to use Desktop Manager and a USB cable to sync your contacts and calendar when needed instead of having it done OTA. That's about it, everything else works good and you get to just use the cheaper BIS only plan to save some money. Anyway, just a thought... think about it.
    11-19-08 09:45 AM
    Thanks for the info. I may give that a try. I am using wireless sync now with my Q and I never have to hook it up to my pc, so I would have to get used to that. I may try the 29.99 plan and see how it goes, I can always upgrade to the other plan.

Thanks
    Spudde3
    11-19-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD