So last night around 6:00pm, I tried to use Pandora Radio again after using it for about 3 hours earlier that day, I got an error saying that it couldn't connect, so i tried again, after that I wanted to Tweet about it so I opened Uber Twitter and that failed to connect, I realized that I had 1xev when I usually have 1XEV, so I looked it up on google and saw that if it's 1xev, then it can't connect to data services. I found that some people have restored their phones, called *228, did battery pulls, changed settings in ##000000 menu, sent Host Routing Table registrations, enabled/disabled Radio, downgraded, or took the phone into Verizon. Those worked for almost everybody sooner or later, but I've tried all of that and still no luck. I talked to a fellow techy friend and he said that maybe Verizon blocked my data because I was using a lot of it from Pandora. But I'm not sure about that. Does anybody know how to fix this or am I just screwed and will have to get another blackberry? this reminds me(since it just happened) My phone periodically changes to 1x for a few seconds. By the way I'm on an Alltel U Prepaid plan with Verizon, no BES/BIS, using Opera and Bolt for browsing. Version 4.5.0.127 because my media crashes a lot with newer versions
    09-18-10 10:40 PM
    Call customer service and open a trouble ticket, let them know what steps you have already taken to troubleshoot this and ask them to check their towers and equipment to make sure there isn't an outage in your area.
    09-18-10 11:07 PM
    I guess I'll have to try that tomorrow, if they're opened on sundays seeing that it's 8:13 right now
    09-18-10 11:13 PM
    Doesn't Alltel have a *611 number you can call anytime?
    09-18-10 11:38 PM
    It does, but when I finally get through all of the automated crap, it tells me that I need to call some other time because the Verizon offices are closed
    09-18-10 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD