Over the weekend I bought a Blackberry and have been getting great service in my house to access Facebook and other social networks. Now in my house, I can't even access my wireless network on my phone. It's frustrating!! I thought I'd ask if there were something I am doing wrong or if there was something I can do to get better service. I have the latest update on the wireless so that isn't the issue. I figured I'd ask because I am tech. ignorant when it comes to this stuff. Can I get some help please? Thank you!!
    04-06-10 09:53 AM
    Let's start easy - in the upper right-hand corner what is your status? It will say something like "1XEV" or 1X or Off". Also, in that same corner is the antenna status "bar", how many bars?
    04-06-10 10:49 AM
    Let's start easy - in the upper right-hand corner what is your status? It will say something like "1XEV" or 1X or Off". Also, in that same corner is the antenna status "bar", how many bars?
    Okay, it doesn't say anything except wifi and it has like 3 bars. Hope I am doing this right. BTW, thanks for your help, this is all new to me. I am great with figuring out stuff on computer but this Blackberry stuff is too high tech for my taste. LOL
    04-06-10 01:00 PM
    Go to Manage Connectiosn and make sure that you have Wireless Service check-marked. Try a battery reset, by pulling the battery while the phones on or press ALT+Cap (aA)+Del.
    04-06-10 02:42 PM
    Is this your first Verizon phone? If it is, your house could be in an area that is at the edge of a VZW tower but in the middle of an Alltel tower and your PRL would cause your cell to select the VZW tower. Go to your VZW store and ask tell them your problem and get them to load a PRL that will cause your phone to select the stronger of the two towers.
    04-06-10 03:48 PM
    Go to Manage Connectiosn and make sure that you have Wireless Service check-marked. Try a battery reset, by pulling the battery while the phones on or press ALT+Cap (aA)+Del.
    Thank you, I did the battery pull and it's working!! It's the simple things that excite me..LOL Have a great day!!
    04-06-10 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD