I am very confused. I'm on the BlackBerry Nationwide E-mail plan with 450 voice minutes which is $79.99 per month. I have also added the $5.00 text messaging plan, but that is irrelevant to my question since I would have that no matter what.

If I understand everything correctly, if I had the BIS plan at $29.99 per month and a 450 minute call plan at $39.99 per month the monthly charge should be $69.98 per month.

What am I getting in the Nationwide E-mail plan that I would not get if I got everything separately? What am I missing here?
    04-23-09 11:09 AM
    I may have gotten my answer, but if anyone can add any insight, I would appreciate it.

I called, and although the rep was not sure, that plan may include BES email. As far as I can tell, there is no package for just BIS e-mail. I changed to the a-la-carte options and saved $10 per month.

I can't understand why Verizon makes it so difficult to figure out. Wouldn't it be easier to just charge 29.99 per month for data and have an option to add BES for additional money? Either way, I'm much happier now.

Can anyone add any insight to this?
    04-23-09 11:32 AM
    It is difficult to calculate. Do you want to use the bb for email only or voice?

I have the 750 minute family share plan with 2 BIS data plans for each of my bb's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 11:35 AM
    I use the phone for voice, e-mail and data. What I am really trying to get at here is, what do they add to the Nationwide bundled package that I would not get by going a-la-carte?

I would think that if you bundled a package, it should be less than the a-la-carte choices, but my calculations show that the package is $10 more for the same features. Even the rep said it didn't add up.

Nationwide BB Plan+450 minutes = $79.99/month
    BIS+450 minutes = $69.98/month
    BES+450 minutes = $84.98/month

That is why I think the Nationwide plans include BES, but I am not sure.
    04-23-09 11:49 AM
    You save $4,99 on the BES service by getting the bundle plan. You save even more on the 1350 minute plan.

04-23-09 12:03 PM
    There are also BBerry plans that dont appear at the front of the service system, and the rep must do a "search all plans". There are a couple that will save you 10 - 15$, just go into a store and dont do it over the phone. You will have varying success with the people on the phone equipped with varying degrees of intelligence.
    04-24-09 12:26 PM
    Isn't there a BIS-only package for like $50.00/mo?

05-11-09 08:30 PM
    There are also BBerry plans that dont appear at the front of the service system, and the rep must do a "search all plans". There are a couple that will save you 10 - 15$, just go into a store and dont do it over the phone. You will have varying success with the people on the phone equipped with varying degrees of intelligence.
    Right. You save $5 on the 450 and 900 minute plans and $15 on the 1350 and unlimited plans. These are the Nationwide Email plans offered right on Verizon's website.

Customers seem to have vary success finding them with their varying degrees of intelligence.
    05-11-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD