I live in NY and a friend of mine who lives in Canada also owns a BB, does it still go through data if I talk to her with BB messenger? Or do I get additional charge for using it with people in another country?

Thank you.
    04-28-09 08:41 PM
    As long as you both have data plans, no extra charges will occur.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 08:43 PM
    It goes though data. there should not additional charge that I am aware of
    All are correct...
    I also talk to someone in canada no extra charge i have unlimited data plan.
    04-29-09 09:23 AM
    I'm trying to convert all my friends to blackberry so I can dump my texting plan. So far I have converted the important ones.

04-29-09 11:02 AM
    As long as you both have data plans, no extra charges will occur.

Cool. Now it's time to look for overseas friends who owns a BB.
    04-29-09 03:51 PM
    Cool. Now it's time to look for overseas friends who owns a BB.
    Yeah, I met a couple people on here that live overseas. One is in Germany and another in India and I've never worried about extra charges while talking to them.

04-29-09 04:43 PM
    There is no 'D' next to the message I sent.
    05-05-09 05:33 PM
    I thought that the "D" is only going to show if you are sending to Verizon Blackberries. If you are sending Verizon to Verizon, you'll see that "D" (for delivered). If not, you won't. It doesn't mean it wasn't delivered, but their is no confirmation. Please, correct me if I'm wrong (which I am a lot of the time )
    05-05-09 07:18 PM
    I thought that the "D" is only going to show if you are sending to Verizon Blackberries. If you are sending Verizon to Verizon, you'll see that "D" (for delivered). If not, you won't. It doesn't mean it wasn't delivered, but their is no confirmation. Please, correct me if I'm wrong (which I am a lot of the time )
    That is true for only text messaging. With bbm you should get the "D" and the "R" no matter to what carrier your messaging to.
    05-05-09 07:33 PM
    Hmmm...I don't know. I got the 'D' when I BBM with friends within the country, just don't see it when doing it with friends in Canada.
    05-05-09 08:25 PM
    For the past two weeks, I have been BBMing the wife while she was in Bali, Indonisia, Thailand, and Hong Kong. Always got the D and A. I am pissed cause I did not get to go
    05-05-09 09:14 PM
    For the past two weeks, I have been BBMing the wife while she was in Bali, Indonisia, Thailand, and Hong Kong. Always got the D and A. I am pissed cause I did not get to go
    What does the A stand for? I've never seen that on any of my berries
    05-05-09 11:02 PM
    What does the A stand for? I've never seen that on any of my berries
    I think that stands for 'Accepted'.
    05-05-09 11:50 PM
    I don't know why he said "A" I think he meant R for 'Recieved'!
    05-06-09 09:07 AM
    Actually the "D" means delivered which means its on the other persons phone. When they open up messenger and read it or do something that turns off the new bbm icon the D turns to R for read

05-07-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD