I hope this is the right thread...but recently I was told that Verizon Wireless saves a copy of all MMS pic messages etc. sent and received by a phone and can be released to the person whose name the plan is in...and/or by court order? This got me thinking....does verizon track and store pictures being sent using the Blackberry Messenger program?
    07-07-09 12:44 AM
    Honestly, we have better things to do, like make money.

That being said, from what I understand all SMS/MMS is saved on servers for a very short amount of time, I believe 72 hours. That allows us to still resend the message if it was rejected due to out of network, busy, etc.

If anything, it can ONLY be retrieved by court order, whether it's the person that sent it or not. No other way.
    07-07-09 12:55 AM
    I get the whole storing sms/mms messaging thing. My question however pertains to Blackberry Messenger the app. It is my understanding that it is an IRC type chat program, which if that was the case, I was curious if verizon would even have access to that data etc... (Oh, and Fried...I run two businesses ;-))
    07-07-09 02:04 AM
    I get the whole storing sms/mms messaging thing. My question however pertains to Blackberry Messenger the app. It is my understanding that it is an IRC type chat program, which if that was the case, I was curious if verizon would even have access to that data etc... (Oh, and Fried...I run two businesses ;-))

I personally don't think verizon can..

as far as I know its encrypted sent to the rim servers sent to the device its intended and then decrypted on that device...

they may be able to track the data usage but I don't think they see whats in it..
    07-07-09 03:15 AM
    Data usage & tracking logs - nothing else. Once deleted from your device, gone forever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 01:08 PM
    Last summer my wife was in Coast Guard training for 8 weeks ans she had her phone off the whole time. I sent her messages every so often figuring she would get them at some point. A week after I sent the messages, I received a message from Verizon stating that the contact was unreachable and they were terminating it. I know thats its not quite the same thing but I assume that they keep the messages for at least a week.

Anything sent via data isnt the same as a mms, sms so I wouldnt worry.
    Last edited by cenloe; 07-10-09 at 04:14 PM.
    07-10-09 04:11 PM
    They are in network RAM until delivery. Then they are overwritten.

At least that would be the official line.

The reality is that lastraid and weekendbum spend late nights trading notes about the racy pix women tale of themselves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD