Hi, I am travelling to Italy next week and have the Blackberry World Edition unlimited data plan with Verizon. They seem clueless and cannot tell me whether Blackberry Messenger is included in my data plan (thus would be free to use while in Europe) or is priced similar to a text message. I am trying to figure out whether this will be the preferred means of communication to my other Blackberry using friends who are in the states while I am in Europe. Can anyone help?
    07-14-08 03:29 PM
    Well Blackberry messenger uses data so you would just get charged for your data usage.
    07-14-08 03:43 PM
    Now you both have Verizon, as do I...and I just got the Storm with the $30 per month BB data plan, does that plan work overseas, or do I need the international plan to get BBM to work?
    02-14-09 11:15 PM
    loaded question really. BBM can work over seas and depends where you are. If you are in CDMA area it can work, GSM you will need international data plan or you will data roaming charges which can add up. BBM can be a hit or miss, again depending on location
    02-14-09 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD