My Blackberry Messenger continuously deletes my contacts.

Example: I could be having a conversation with someone, and press "End Conversation". I'll exit BBM and then sometime later I could come back and open BBM. I'm immediately stopped by a warning message that somes something to the effect of: "You've changed devices and now have a new PIN. You must send a request for a PIN update to your contacts. If you don't, yours PINs may be deleted". Even if I click update, it never seems to update my contacts of my new PIN. After this, all my contacts delete.

How can I get this to stop?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 11:54 AM
    Did you get a new device recently?
    10-06-08 12:11 PM
    Mine hasn't given me that message but contacts have disappeared. I have no answer for you though. Still a mystery to me.

10-06-08 12:22 PM
    Turn off content protection if you hv it turned on. That should stop it from giving you that message.

10-06-08 03:29 PM
    Content protection? I've never heard of that.
    10-06-08 05:23 PM
    Options security options general settings. That's where you'll find it.

10-08-08 01:18 PM
    I filed a bug report to RIM on this issue last week. If you have content protection turned on and you have OS 4.5 you will get this message when you pull the battery, reboot the phone or sometimes just at random. The RIM engineer said they will see if they can get this fixed in the next release.
    10-14-08 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD