Hey I am trying to figure out how to sync my Curve 8330 to my Macbook. I tried downloading the Pocketmac and that didn't work at all so I tried the desktop manager and that didn't work either. Any ideas?
    08-24-08 09:40 AM
    I don't have my Mac in front of me to go through it just now but I seem to remember having to restart the Mac after having downloaded pocketmac.I might be wrong though, I am sure someone will be along soon with more info for you to help get it sorted out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 09:43 AM
    Look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

I know nothing about macs.
    08-24-08 09:46 AM
    Hey I am trying to figure out how to sync my Curve 8330 to my Macbook. I tried downloading the Pocketmac and that didn't work at all so I tried the desktop manager and that didn't work either. Any ideas?
    Good luck, I tried for over 8 hours to get Pocket Mac to sync my 8330 to my iMac. I gave up and purchased Pocket Sync and from install to sync it was about 10 minutes.
    08-24-08 09:48 AM
    On pocketmac did you download the driver? If not you need this. Being with Verizon, if you call them they will get you to RIM for support on this. At this time VZW does not suppot the MAC. THe reason for this is this:

1. MAC will not work with the DM.

2. Pocket MAC is a third party software and VZW does not support third party.
    08-24-08 10:16 AM
    On pocketmac did you download the driver? If not you need this. Being with Verizon, if you call them they will get you to RIM for support on this. At this time VZW does not suppot the MAC. THe reason for this is this:

1. MAC will not work with the DM.

2. Pocket MAC is a third party software and VZW does not support third party.
    Pocket MAC is even a third party app for RIM. They don't own Pocket MAC so they have little control on the software.

Aditionally, I had purchased "Missing SYNC for BlackBerry" and I was unable to get it to work at all.

I only got Pocket MAC to work after getting a friend within RIM assist me with direct service support from a RIM customer service techie.

It syncs ONLY with Apple iCAL, Address Book but will not work with Entourage at all.

Really hoping when my BOLD arrives that it will just be a plug and play.
    Last edited by gr8wheelss; 08-24-08 at 11:23 AM.
    08-24-08 10:57 AM
    Pocket MAC is even a third party app for RIM. They don't own Pocket MAC so they have little control on the software.

Aditionally, I had purchased "Missing SYNC for BlackBerry" and I was unable to get it to work at all.

I only got Pocket MAC to work after getting a friend within RIM assist me with direct service support from a RIM customer service techie.

It syncs ONLY with Apple iCAL, Address Book but will not work with Entourage at all.

Really hoping when my BOLD arrives that it will just be a plug and play.
    Interesting - as Pocketmac and the driver are available on the RIM website. I transfer usres to them all the time for support on it. THey take call and usually get it resolved.
    08-24-08 12:28 PM
    08-26-08 07:12 AM
    I use Missing Sync. I had used it in my WinMo days, and it worked immediately with no problems for me. It won't do software install, but for syncing it is much much better done than PocketMac.
    08-26-08 07:21 PM
    PocketMac works fine

DesktopManager is for PCs only, but there is a rumored Mac version in the works... but PocketMac 1.2(1.4) works completely fine with my Curve 8320 on my Macbook Pro. Not sure what the issue is.

Maybe uninstall using the uninstall wizard they include. Then reboot. Quit all running apps and attempt to reinstall. Then reboot the Mac again
    08-26-08 08:15 PM
    I downloaded PocketMac (V 1.2) few days ago from BB website and it worked! I had to restart my computer and then I was able to sync.
    I don't like that fact that I can't manage my applications!
    08-26-08 11:24 PM
    The new version of pockermac works fine with an IMac What drove me up the wall is that it took them 7 months to upgrade from Office 2004 to 2008. With Entourage 2008 PoacketMac stopped working it was infuriating!
    09-03-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD