10-13-10 07:31 PM
36 12
tools
    Trackpad is way overrated when moving/scrolling around doccuments. It is less precise and intuitive than simply pressing a finger on the screen and sliding the spreadsheet (photo, etc) where you want it to go.
    Don't think so my friend. Try setting the zoom level to 50% or less, and try to zero in on a particular cell(s). Try copying text from a document when the zoom level is set to a smaller scale. I haven't found anything quicker than using the Shift + Trackpad in combination to achieve that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 10:13 AM
    Don't think so my friend. Try setting the zoom level to 50% or less, and try to zero in on a particular cell(s). Try copying text from a document when the zoom level is set to a smaller scale. I haven't found anything quicker than using the Shift + Trackpad in combination to achieve that.

why settle for such low zoom when pinch to zoom is immediate to zoom in and out? To copy simply hold your finger on the cell for a moment to bring up the copy option in the context menu.
    10-10-10 10:49 AM
    why settle for such low zoom when pinch to zoom is immediate to zoom in and out? To copy simply hold your finger on the cell for a moment to bring up the copy option in the context menu.
    It gives me the ability to go to certain cells while viewing the entire spreadsheet at once. Pinch to Zoom is a nice addition, but doing it too often isn't practical. It also requires 2 hands. With my BlackBerry I can make changes and modifications to a spreadsheet while at lunch. Sandwich in one hand, BlackBerry in the other. I never have to worry about getting food on my BlackBerry. For those that don't work with spreadsheets that often, this won't really be an issue for them.

10-10-10 10:55 AM
    It gives me the ability to go to certain cells while viewing the entire spreadsheet at once. Pinch to Zoom is a nice addition, but doing it too often isn't practical. It also requires 2 hands. With my BlackBerry I can make changes and modifications to a spreadsheet while at lunch. Sandwich in one hand, BlackBerry in the other. I never have to worry about getting food on my BlackBerry. For those that don't work with spreadsheets that often, this won't really be an issue for them.

First off, you must have some amazing eyesight to be able to read larger spreadsheets on a small screen without needing to zoom in.

Actually, pinch to zoom doesn't require two hands. Set the device on the table and two fingertips on the same hand work just fine with a couple moments of practice.

I guess that wouldn't be an issue for me because it doesn't take me more than a minute or two to consume the average sandwich, and then the rest of lunch is still available to work during.

If you've found something that works for you, great, but just keep in mind with a little practice, other methods can be just as fast/efficient.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-10-10 at 12:47 PM.
    10-10-10 12:44 PM
    First off, you must have some amazing eyesight to be able to read larger spreadsheets on a small screen without needing to zoom in.

Actually, pinch to zoom doesn't require two hands. Set the device on the table and two fingertips on the same hand work just fine with a couple moments of practice.

I guess that wouldn't be an issue for me because it doesn't take me more than a minute or two to consume the average sandwich, and then the rest of lunch is still available to work during.

If you've found something that works for you, great, but just keep in mind with a little practice, other methods can be just as fast/efficient.
    That will only work if you have a table or a surface to lay the device on. If not, 2 hands are definitely needed.

10-10-10 12:53 PM
    Honestly, as a BB addict, I am looking forward to this phone. The only good argument I've seen on this thread is the spreadsheet issue, which doesn't affect me because my Bold is for personal use. I keep hearing people call BBs "superior communication devices" which is just false. Other than BBM the Android phone don't do a thing less than a BB. I used a droid for a few weeks while waiting for the 9650 to come out on vzw, it did everything my BB did as far as email goes. My main concern about the Droid Pro is that a lot of apps need the phone to be held sideways, since they keyboard isn't a slider it may be cumbersome when using 2 thumbs for these apps. Phone arguments are a lot like music, you might prefer STP(BB), but there's no denying Pearl Jam(Android) is the better band.

10-10-10 03:22 PM
    I like the Android phones as well, but AutoText helps BlackBerry excel as a communication tool. When replying to clients, AutoText helps when typing words or phrases that I use often. I can even spit out paragraphs that I use often. I have default replies preset based upon the client. I can then just add their name, and I'm good to go.
    Android won't be a BlackBerry killer until it adds this feature.

10-10-10 03:27 PM
    It already has that

10-10-10 03:42 PM
    It already has that

Last I checked Android didn't have AutoText. It has predictive text.

10-11-10 10:33 PM
    I'm looking forward to the droid pro. I tried a droid x for two weeks the browser was amazing but the phone was too damm big plus I couldn't get used to a full touch screen I don't like fip or sliders eather. I missed my berry for the Email and the one handed ease. When is the pro going to release? Looks like the best of both worlds. But then again nothings perfect.

10-13-10 06:59 PM
    I'm guessing a November release.

10-13-10 07:31 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD