10-13-10 07:31 PM
36 12
tools
    Here comes the Droid Pro what everyone is calling the BlackBerry Killer...

DROID Does Business: DROID PRO By Motorola Designed For Work And Play On The Nations Largest And Most Reliable 3G Network

Key features and specifications:

Support for both Exchange e-mail and Gmail for business

Corporate directory look-up, unified calendar for Enterprise and sync with Google Calendar

PC-like browsing with Adobe Flash Player 10.1 on a full, multi-touch, 3.1-inch brilliant display built on Android 2.2

View, edit and share documents, including Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and Word documents

Built-in security features, including AuthenTec IPSec multi-headed VPN integration, remote wipe of device and SD card, and complex password support. Device and SD card encryption will be available in early 2011

3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities Allows customers to connect up to five other Wi-Fi-enabled devices and laptops

Live widgets that stream e-mail messages to the home screen; customers can filter the widgets to separate work and home e-mail

5-megapixel camera with auto focus and dual LED flash as well as DVD-quality video

3G diversity antennae provides customers with enhanced data speeds and range

Wi-Fi-enabled DNLA connectivity

Android Market Provides customers with access to more than 80,000 applications

My Verizon and Backup Assistant(SM) support Allows customers to manage their wireless accounts or their contacts from their phones

Any takers?
    10-06-10 09:43 PM
    Another board about this device.......same responses are expected~
    Then close the thread I don't care....
    10-06-10 09:50 PM
    Here's the 1 fact that matters to me, it wont kill my bold, if others choose to jump then more power to them
    10-06-10 10:00 PM
    blackberry killer lol. Don't think this device will do that.
    10-06-10 10:36 PM
    Who calls this the "Blackberry Killer"? I thought it was called the Droid Pro...weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 11:03 PM
    BBM?
    Oh.. Nvm then.

10-06-10 11:04 PM
    yep game over rim
    10-07-10 03:33 AM
    BBM , LOL Thats a joke in its on thread , and since no one I know has a blackberry anymore BBM is even more useless android has its own versions of bbm and they wont lock up or freeze your phones with the dreaded hour glass spin which was bad on the 8330 bb running an 5.0 OS (5.0.0.230)
    10-07-10 06:01 AM
    This is what I have been waiting for to move over to the Droid phones.
    10-07-10 06:47 AM
    BBM , LOL Thats a joke in its on thread , and since no one I know has a blackberry anymore BBM is even more useless android has its own versions of bbm and they wont lock up or freeze your phones with the dreaded hour glass spin which was bad on the 8330 bb running an 5.0 OS (5.0.0.230)
    10-07-10 07:27 AM
    Google Talk=BBM.

10-07-10 09:26 AM
    I have 100+ associates/friends/coworkers with blackberries, 4 with iphones and one with droid.
    10-07-10 09:42 AM
    Wow nice. This is the first I've heard of this device. Is the screen a touch screen? I love how the keyboard looks. Wonder if it will have the Blackberry feel when you type on it (minus the curvature of it).

If RIM doesn't step up it's specs by March I really might have to check this one out, unless something better comes out. Especially since VZW is moving away from what RIM has been giving them.
    10-07-10 11:20 AM
    It looks like a Pixi :s
    10-07-10 11:25 AM
    Why is an 8330 running OS 5.0 and how did that become Android's measuring stick against BBs? OTOH it is nice some BB-styled Android devices being released.Not everyone wants a touchscreen or slider device.

10-07-10 11:43 AM
    I've been a loyal BlackBerry user for about 5 years now, and I have to say that while I absolutely love my Bold, my husband (who has a Tour) is in dire need of a phone that is capable of doing more than what his BlackBerry is capable of doing for now. He temporarily jumped ship and upgraded to the HTC Droid Eris but with as he refers to as his "fat thumbs", texting on the HTC Droid Eris was next to impossible and he would actually out text the phone since he became so accustom to using the keypad on the BlackBerry.

The load time for the browsers on the Android OS is quite impressive in comparison to BIS on the browser provided on the Tour so this appears to possibly be the best of both worlds; Android + BlackBerry functionality.

Only time shall tell.
    10-07-10 02:05 PM
    What an inane comparison (since we can't use the word id10tic). 5.0 was never meant to run on the 8330, that's why I got a Tour. 6.0 was never meant to run on a Tour, that's why I got a Bold.

If someone wants a DroidToy...fine. I prefer a superior communication device and for my personal use, the Bold works perfect. The latest (and probably last) 5.0 OS is awesome. Now just give me a 6.0 OS that is just as reliable and I'll be a happy hiker...until 4G comes to my neighborhood.
    10-07-10 03:29 PM
    Why is an 8330 running OS 5.0 and how did that become Android's measuring stick against BBs?
    That's what I was wondering.. :/
    10-07-10 03:38 PM
    kinda curious about the "enhanced" 3G antenna thingie. Wonder how that is?
    10-08-10 10:19 PM
    Who calls this the "Blackberry Killer"? I thought it was called the Droid Pro...weird.

Every article about the Droid Pro is calling it the BlackBerry Killer hence why I put it in quotes. Google "BlackBerry Killer" and the first 2-3 pages of results refer to the Droid Pro.
    10-09-10 04:19 PM
    I've been a loyal BlackBerry user for about 5 years now, and I have to say that while I absolutely love my Bold, my husband (who has a Tour) is in dire need of a phone that is capable of doing more than what his BlackBerry is capable of doing for now. He temporarily jumped ship and upgraded to the HTC Droid Eris but with as he refers to as his "fat thumbs", texting on the HTC Droid Eris was next to impossible and he would actually out text the phone since he became so accustom to using the keypad on the BlackBerry.

The load time for the browsers on the Android OS is quite impressive in comparison to BIS on the browser provided on the Tour so this appears to possibly be the best of both worlds; Android + BlackBerry functionality.

Only time shall tell.
    I did the exact same thing, going from the Tour to the Eris and I have slightly wider than average thumbs. I just use the phone keypad in landscape mode and text in t9 like flip phones. I also rooted it and put on xtrROM and it's running great.
    10-10-10 02:11 AM
    I did the exact same thing, going from the Tour to the Eris and I have slightly wider than average thumbs. I just use the phone keypad in landscape mode and text in t9 like flip phones. I also rooted it and put on xtrROM and it's running great.
    The fat thumb typing is what has kept me in the world of BB. I tried a touch screen device (Storm) and didn't like it. Now the other touch screen devices are different but I ended up going with a tour. My sister has the Droid which has the full querty keyboard and that works great and I was checking out the talk to text feature on the Droid X. It's incredible and when my u/g is due I may be going with the Droid X. Now if only Verizon would sell the Droids by HTC......
    10-10-10 02:30 AM
    I have to have a trackpad. Especially when moving around a spreadsheet. I'll pass on this.

10-10-10 09:09 AM
    Trackpad is way overrated when moving/scrolling around doccuments. It is less precise and intuitive than simply pressing a finger on the screen and sliding the spreadsheet (photo, etc) where you want it to go.
    10-10-10 10:03 AM
    The fat thumb typing is what has kept me in the world of BB. I tried a touch screen device (Storm) and didn't like it. Now the other touch screen devices are different but I ended up going with a tour. My sister has the Droid which has the full querty keyboard and that works great and I was checking out the talk to text feature on the Droid X. It's incredible and when my u/g is due I may be going with the Droid X. Now if only Verizon would sell the Droids by HTC......
    No offense to Storm users, but it is nothing like a real touchscreen phone. Try swype for typing on the android touchscreens. Just press on the first letter and glide your finger across the other letters in the words you want. It is very quick and surprisingly accurate. Worth looking into.
    10-10-10 10:10 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD