I posted this over at hofo as well,

I currently have an htc eris, and while I like it alot, I am looking for a non-android device for a backup as well as future business use. When I think business, the only viable option that comes to mind is the almighty Berry.

I digress.

What I'm looking for in a berry is not much. I do not want touch screen, but would like a fairly large screen for down time browsing aswell as the fact that the bigger screen is easy on my eyes.

Wifi would be nice, but the lack thereof is not a deal breaker due to me rarely being outside of a 3g coverage area.

Other than that, I am completely open to whatever suggestions you may have, be it old or coming soon as I do not have a problem waiting a few months because I can always just use my November upgrade for it.

Edit - I would also like one that has a compatible charging dock/cradle as well as bedside mode with the time display. I don't know if all berries are capable of this or not, but figured I'd throw that in to be on the safe side.

Thanks -Brandon
    02-07-10 07:11 PM
    All the Blackberries have docks. The Tour does and the Tour2 looks to have the same battery cover. You coulc also go with a Pre which have the touch stone.

The Droid has a dock charger like the Storm2 but it is a touch screen as well which you said you didn't really care for. I don't know if the touch pro has a dock. But again it is a touch screen.

So as for smart phones most are touch screens now or at least a combination of that Ann a full keyboard. hope this helps.

If I were you I would wait for the Tour2 especially if you don't want a touch screen. It will be pretty much the same as the Tour but will have wifi and an optical track pad instead of a track ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by markhunsaker; 02-07-10 at 08:36 PM.
    02-07-10 08:31 PM
    All the Blackberries have docks. The Tour does and the Tour2 looks to have the same battery cover. You coulc also go with a Pre which have the touch stone.

The Droid has a dock charger like the Storm2 but it is a touch screen as well which you said you didn't really care for. I don't know if the touch pro has a dock. But again it is a touch screen.

So as for smart phones most are touch screens now or at least a combination of that Ann a full keyboard. hope this helps.

If I were you I would wait for the Tour2 especially if you don't want a touch screen. It will be pretty much the same as the Tour but will have wifi and an optical track pad instead of a track ball.

Thanks for the input. I don't care for the storm 2 because of the click screen deal. A friend of mine has one and I am not a fan. I dig regular touch like my Eris but am thinking the next device I purchase will have a hard keyboard, and seeing as I'm not a fan of flip or slide phones, candybars are my only option, which Im completely cool with. WebOS, while attractive, is not an option at this point in time. I've always wanted a berry, but am a big open source fan which is why I picked up an Eris. BUT, being a recent college graduate and hopefully finding a job in the coming months, I'm wanting a more business oriented phone when the opportunity brings itself. So, in an effort to cease the rambling and keep this post shorter than a book, I will say you are the second person to recommend a tour two and it appears to be the best option.

Other recommendations and tips are welcomed, appreciated and encouraged.
    02-07-10 09:06 PM
    According to your wants and needs...the Tour2 or even the Tour would be your best option.

02-07-10 09:31 PM
    Tour.

02-07-10 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD