I am getting an incredible and have a Storm 2. I have two questions

1. I have the data plan with my blackberry and I would like to go back and forth do they have separate data plans or differant? Do I need to change anything when going back and forth?

2. I will do some searching bit do Droid's play well with exchange?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 04:48 PM
    1. Data plan is the same, no matter what.

2. No problems have really presented themselves yet, or at least any problems that I'm aware of.
    07-12-10 05:11 PM
    The data plan is DIFFERENT. BlackBerry devices use a BlackBerry Data Plan. Other smartphones use a smartphone plan.
    07-12-10 06:11 PM
    It's different but costs the same.

07-12-10 06:18 PM
    So is there a way I can go back and forth? Do I have to call Verizon every time I switch phones on the data part?

07-12-10 09:10 PM
    Just go to myverizon.com and do an ESN change. It will select features automatically or let you.
    07-12-10 09:34 PM
    Does it do it when I do the *228?

07-12-10 10:14 PM
    I am getting an incredible and have a Storm 2. I have two questions

1. I have the data plan with my blackberry and I would like to go back and forth do they have separate data plans or differant? Do I need to change anything when going back and forth?

2. I will do some searching bit do Droid's play well with exchange?

It will be a messy bill each month if you swap often, they prorate each of the data plans, so you will end up paying a different amount each month. Not worth it.
    07-12-10 10:15 PM
    I have seen people have both phones and was just wondering how it works. I want to try out the droid just didn't know how Much of a pain it is to go back and forth. I wonder why the pro rate the data plan if both phones use the $30 data plan.

Last edited by Hot94Z28; 07-12-10 at 10:28 PM.
    07-12-10 10:26 PM
    Don't know, but went from the Tour to the Droid, and they prorated my bill for two different data plans. Its pretty stupid if you ask me.
    07-12-10 10:47 PM
    Yeah its the same amount that's weird. I just wanted to try the droid and maybe go back and forth. So if I do a *228 will the droid activate fine or do I still need to go on-line?

07-12-10 10:54 PM
    either way it will work, i would do it online, easier to keep track of your changes and view the bill
    07-12-10 10:56 PM
    I will prob just use the droid for awhile to see how it is before I think about going back to my Storm 2.

07-12-10 11:06 PM
    In my experience, you can't easily go back and forth between an Android and BB due to the BB specific data plan. I switched between my Ally and a tour recently, and I had to call customer service each time to change from the BB, I was unable to simply plug in the ESN online and program w/ *228

FWIW.
    07-13-10 07:42 AM
    In my experience, you can't easily go back and forth between an Android and BB due to the BB specific data plan. I switched between my Ally and a tour recently, and I had to call customer service each time to change from the BB, I was unable to simply plug in the ESN online and program w/ *228

FWIW.
    Wow thats weird because it usually just lets you plug ur esn.
    07-14-10 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD