Does anyone know the differences between the BlackBerry plan and the various Verizon data plans?

When I first signed up I went with the BlackBerry data plan as it was cheaper. But now I'm wondering if the extra money for the Verizon data plan would be worth the potentially faster data speeds (that they said was one of the differences).

Thanks!
    07-27-10 03:01 PM
    You cannot use a BlackBerry on VZW unless you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS or BES).

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-27-10 03:03 PM
    What???
    07-27-10 03:03 PM
    There is no speed difference in the plans, the BIS plan is for consumers who do not need to be connected to a business BlackBerry Enterprise Server, or BES, the BES plan is for those who do. The speed is the same. Don't get BES unless your work tells you to, and generally they foot the bill.
    07-27-10 04:49 PM
    Great, thanks all for the info!

I wonder why they initially tried to sell me the Verizon plan sans BlackBerry plan?

oh well. I was also hoping for a faster data connection since my friends Droid on Verizon seems to be faster with the Verizon data plan, but maybe it's just that the droid is capable of receiving data faster than my Tour(?)...

By the time OS6 is released I'll be eligible for a new phone, so we'll see if its new BB or droid time then. For now I will enjoy my basically flawless Tour experience.
    07-27-10 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD