I'm waiting to get the BB Storm in November. My contract isn't up until April. I'm willing to pay the full price, but i'd rather not (since it'll be like 700-800). My question is whether or not signing up for the $30 a month Email and Data plan is enough to get the phone for the 2 year price. I'm confused and vzw's website offers absolutely nothing to help me answer my question. I'm so excited for the STORM!!
    10-25-08 04:49 PM
    I highly doubt you'll get 2 year price just because you agree to sign up for the $30 per month data packge.

Call 611 and try!
    10-25-08 05:55 PM
    No, you have to be eligible for upgrade to get the 2 year price. The data is required for all blackberry devices through VZW.
    10-25-08 06:51 PM
    No, you have to be eligible for upgrade to get the 2 year price. The data is required for all blackberry devices through VZW.
    what he said +1

its not possible to activate the blackberry without a data plan.

on a second note, i normally upgrade my phone once a year but im always on for the 2 year contract i just can't wait until my contract is up, but ive come across a lot of times where its been a few months until my contract was up or i was even eligable for an upgrade and the VZW employee let me get the upgrade without having to pay the full retail price or get the full discount thats available, i would check out several different VZW stores and see which ones pull
    10-25-08 07:05 PM
    The primary line on an account will qualify for an "early" upgrade at the 12 month mark into a 2 year contract, this is basically new customer pricing MINUS the New Every 2 discount you get at the 20 month mark. There is also an "early upgrade fee" of $20 currently. Essentially, you'll get new customer pricing plus $20 and you'll get any rebates they offer with the phone.
    10-25-08 07:15 PM
    I'm waiting to get the BB Storm in November. My contract isn't up until April. I'm willing to pay the full price, but i'd rather not (since it'll be like 700-800). My question is whether or not signing up for the $30 a month Email and Data plan is enough to get the phone for the 2 year price. I'm confused and vzw's website offers absolutely nothing to help me answer my question. I'm so excited for the STORM!!
    If your contract is up in April, then you should be eligible for the early upgrade policy. This entitles you to an upgrade at the one year mark.

If VIP:

Details
    The Northeast Area High Value VIP Annual Upgrade with $50 toward a new phone or PDA features the following:

One phone upgrade permitted per year with a new 2-year renewal.
    Get $50 off any phone or PDA device in stock, regular or promotionally priced.
    No cash or credit for unused discount or portion thereof.
    Must complete 12 full months of a 2-year Customer Agreement and renew on a 2-year Customer Agreement to become eligible for the annual upgrade and $50 discount.
    The $20 Early Upgrade Processing Fee will be waived for these customers.
    Note: If a customer purchases a new phone at a promotional price in month 13 - 20 of a 2-year or 3-year contract, he is no longer eligible for the $100 NE2 (New Every Two) discount in month 21, and the NE2 period will be re-started.

Non-Vip:

Basically same as above, minus the $50 dollar credit. You forfeit your NE2 credit, and the time clock restarts for your next NE2. But you do get the device at promotional pricing.
    10-25-08 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD