hi
    i am interested in the verizon blackberry curve but I can find the unlimited email and web for blackberry data plan for 34.99. Can someone advise?
    thanks
    05-13-08 11:01 PM
    TMO has it and it the cheapest BB plans around.
    05-13-08 11:04 PM
    Verizon has a 29.99 data plan for blackberry that is unlimited email and web (BIS) and then they have one that is 44.99 that is unlimited (BES). So what exactly are you looking for?
    05-13-08 11:46 PM
    How do I order this email and web plan online? Do i have to speak to someone at a verizon store?? thanks
    05-14-08 09:51 PM
    I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here, but this is the third post that I have read where people are saying that the BIS "email and web" plan for $29.99 is unlimited.

However, I checked with two different reps (one being a manager) and they are saying that this plan is NOT unlimited that it is capped at 5gb.

The only way to get unlimited is if you get the 450 anytime Nationwide Email plan for blackberry at $79.99
    05-14-08 10:17 PM
    The only way to get unlimited is if you get the 450 anytime Nationwide Email plan for blackberry at $79.99
    Not true either. ALL verizon's data plans are theoretically capped at 5gb. After you go over 5gb, they can throttle back your transfer speeds.
    05-15-08 05:05 AM
    so i added the 10mb data plan for verizon(bad idea first off) and then i got the thank you/ accuracy letter in the mail saying that i had selected the 44.99 one. So i called them and told them that they must have switched it themselves becuase i have the order confirmation and it specifically says i have the 29.99 one. After get this switched and being told that they were going to prorate my usage on the other plan which i told them i will not pay. I thought the 29.99 plan was unlimited to begin with? and after reading this forum i am now pissed at verizon. how do i get the 29.99 unlimited plan? i am currently on a family share plan. help would be greatly appreciated before they prorate me again.

Thanks,
    -Brandon
    05-15-08 07:18 AM
    So what I am learning here is that I just need to jump ship from Verizon and go to another carrier that offers unlimited plans....Thanks guys
    05-15-08 07:45 AM
    yes...jump..happy landing.
    05-15-08 08:07 AM
    Honestly, 5GB is pretty much unlimited. What in the world are you doing with your BlackBerry that you need more than 5 GIGABYTES per month? That's ridiculous. Besides, they're theoretically capped, which means Verizon can revoke your internet service or slow it down for the rest of the month, but I read somewhere that it's never actually happened, so it is, in effect, unlimited.

Enjoy getting subpar service and speeds on another carrier!
    05-15-08 10:18 AM
    So is the 29.99 data plan with 5GB? N how do I get this plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 10:39 AM
    So is the 29.99 data plan with 5GB? N how do I get this plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Call Verizon and give them the feature code in my signature.
    05-15-08 10:42 AM
    Call Verizon and give them the feature code in my signature.
    Called them up and switched the plan telling them to use feature code 73618 and it worked. Thanks SK1!!!
    05-15-08 12:51 PM
    Called them up and switched the plan telling them to use feature code 73618 and it worked. Thanks SK1!!!
    Glad it worked out!
    05-15-08 12:53 PM
    First post, long time user and lurker.

Forgive the question...I'm currently signed up for the $79.99 plan, which includes 450 minutes and blackberry data/email. Theoretically, my voice should be 39.99/month, and data the difference. If I call up and use the above feature code does that mean my plan price will be lowered? I've had a Verizon dumb phone for close to a decade and used to have a Tmo Berry until the Curve came out, at which point I got rid of the Berry on Tmo and now have everything on the Curve. I used to carry a dumb phone and Berry at the same time. No more though!

Thanks for any help, I know what I said probably sounds confusing.
    05-15-08 07:14 PM
    First post, long time user and lurker.

Forgive the question...I'm currently signed up for the $79.99 plan, which includes 450 minutes and blackberry data/email. Theoretically, my voice should be 39.99/month, and data the difference. If I call up and use the above feature code does that mean my plan price will be lowered? I've had a Verizon dumb phone for close to a decade and used to have a Tmo Berry until the Curve came out, at which point I got rid of the Berry on Tmo and now have everything on the Curve. I used to carry a dumb phone and Berry at the same time. No more though!

Thanks for any help, I know what I said probably sounds confusing.
    Not at all. I knew exactly what you meant. If you do not need BES then by all means call and have them switch you to BIS. The feature code is in my signature. This will save you $10 a month.
    05-15-08 07:17 PM
    I absolutely do not need BES at this point in time. So all I have to do is call them and let them know I would like to change my plan to feature code 73618? Or do I need any explaining other than that?

And thank you very much for the quick reply, this is most helpful.
    05-15-08 07:32 PM
    I absolutely do not need BES at this point in time. So all I have to do is call them and let them know I would like to change my plan to feature code 73618? Or do I need any explaining other than that?

And thank you very much for the quick reply, this is most helpful.
    Just tell them you would like to go on the "BlackBerry Email and Web $29.99." If they cant find it, give them the feature code.
    05-15-08 07:38 PM
    Just tell them you would like to go on the "BlackBerry Email and Web $29.99." If they cant find it, give them the feature code.
    Just got off the phone with them and it worked like a charm. They knew exactly what I was talking about. Thank you, this was tremendous help (and saved me $120 for the year)!
    05-15-08 07:53 PM
    Just got off the phone with them and it worked like a charm. They knew exactly what I was talking about. Thank you, this was tremendous help (and saved me $120 for the year)!
    Feel free to throw a $50 my way! lol I accept paypal.
    05-16-08 01:21 AM
    I just realized this whole discussion needs to be sent to some higher ups at Verizon.

The shop I purchased my 8830 at immediately told me about the $29.00 plan. If the only choice had been the $45 plan I would have not gone BB. So I wonder how many sales they've lost because folks won't shell out the additional $$$$. Then again, how many have paid the additional and not needed it??

In any event, wrong business practice (as it locking up the gps!!!!)
    05-16-08 09:57 AM
    SK1 & all you CBers - YOU'RE THE BEST!

Thank you for the feature code, SK1! The VZW rep said people don't usually call up with the feature code, but it was exactly what he needed to get me on the right data plan.

I thought the $29.99 plan deducted time off my voice minute allotment, but I was wrong!

Thanks again!!!
    05-16-08 01:15 PM
    Was talking to my wife on break at work and she got an email about our bill. We both have Pearl and with data and she was looking at it and saw that I was on the $39.99 plan and she was on the $29.99. Dont know how that happened. Told them when I got my BB, I wanted the same plan as my wifes plan. Can I change it to the $29.99 plan if I dont need the BES?
    05-17-08 03:28 AM
    Can I change it to the $29.99 plan if I dont need the BES?
    I did. Since the Curve is a new phone, VZW removed BES and basically made it look like I was always on the BIS plan. If you've had your BB for a while, I'm guessing the change *might* not affect your bill until next month.
    05-17-08 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD