As you can see, I'm an AT&T customer, but I'm interested in going to VZW to get the 9530.
    I was on vzw.com and I saw the BlackBerry Solution package for $49.99/mo and had a question.
    From reading that, I gather that it's for just unlimited data, am I right?
    Am I able to add insurance?
    Is there any catch other than a two year contract?

The link is:
    BlackBerry Solution
    02-15-09 03:33 PM
    That is for BES. If just for personal use, get the $30 BIS solution.

If you don't plan on remotely administering many BlackBerrys, you don't need BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 03:40 PM
    Apologies. That one is NOT BES. That is for BlackBerry data & you pay extra for all calls. Are you not needing phone enough to pay $1/4 minutes?

02-15-09 03:43 PM
    Apologies. That one is NOT BES. That is for BlackBerry data & you pay extra for all calls. Are you not needing phone enough to pay $1/4 minutes?

I'm just needing a device to handle my main AOL account and to use as a modem.

AM I looking at doing the wrong thing here?
    02-15-09 03:53 PM
    Using the device as a modem is extra as well

02-15-09 05:19 PM
    Using the device as a modem is extra as well

02-15-09 05:20 PM
    I just upgraded from the Voyager to the Storm and a $30 Blackberry data charge was added onto my plan. It's unlimited internet/email usage. I also have insurance on the phone, so you'll be able to get that too.
    No other 'catches' though.
    02-17-09 05:17 AM
    I'm just needing a device to handle my main AOL account and to use as a modem.

AM I looking at doing the wrong thing here?
    I suspect with that plan they would want 15 per month extra for tethering, but I could be wrong. Worstcase they would want 30 extra for tethering. It may also be possible for you to get a discount based on where you work, which can help lower the costs. Generally speaking ATT & VZW are VERY close on costs and more expensive than the other cell companies, BUT more reliable servicewise.
    02-17-09 10:18 AM
    Does anyone know if the BlackBerry Solution includes the unlimited VZW to VZW messaging and voice? I was at my local VZW Cor store, and the representative didn't have an answer to my question.
    05-11-09 10:17 PM
    Does anyone know if the BlackBerry Solution includes the unlimited VZW to VZW messaging and voice? I was at my local VZW Cor store, and the representative didn't have an answer to my question.
    Answer:
    . .
    05-11-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD