Before I get bombarded with pro-Storm extremists, I want it to be known that I love my storm and I cant wait till the unit is flawless. However I am curious to know if it would be possible to take out my Verizon SIM card on my phone and put it in the new T-Mobile's Curve 8900, would it it work? OR is there anything that can be done to try and make it work?
    01-28-09 02:57 PM
    The SIM card in the Storm is only useful for accessing GSM networks in countries outside of the United States; when you're in the U.S., the Storm gets its wireless from Verizon's CDMA network, which isn't SIM-based. It won't do anything for you if you put it in a GSM phone but are still in the US.
    01-28-09 03:19 PM
    unfortunately not possible.
    01-28-09 03:25 PM
    not gonna happen.....Verizon is CDMA only
    01-28-09 03:35 PM
    Before I get bombarded with pro-Storm extremists, I want it to be known that I love my storm and I cant wait till the unit is flawless. However I am curious to know if it would be possible to take out my Verizon SIM card on my phone and put it in the new T-Mobile's Curve 8900, would it it work? OR is there anything that can be done to try and make it work?
    Nothing against curves but.... this IS the storm thread. maybe it shouldve been posted on the curve thread.

Clutterer
    01-28-09 03:37 PM
    This isn't a "Storm" thread...it's the Verizon thread.
    01-28-09 04:00 PM
    This isn't a "Storm" thread...it's the Verizon thread.
    Your right.... Its still the wrong thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 04:04 PM
    There is a good possibility that Verizon will get the Curve 8930 (codename: Jupiter). I would expect it summer-fall '09. 9030 (Niagara) is top priority for Verizon right now.
    01-28-09 04:17 PM
    Your right.... Its still the wrong thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This board is for anything pertaining to Verizon. The question was a Verizon question, it's fine.
    01-28-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD