Hi,
    I currently don't have a BB but I'm planning on picking one up and it will be my first one. Should I get the Curve 8330 that VZW has available now for $49 w/ contract or wait and see how the Atlas and Aries look when they come out?

I'll be using it as a phone, for texting and for checking my email and surfing the web. I want a phone with enough power to surf the web easily and a nice screen.

Thanks.
    08-20-09 11:10 PM
    get the Tour, its a no brainer
    08-20-09 11:11 PM
    Hmm $200 seems like a lot to drop on a phone. What does the tour do better than the Curve? (Total BB newb)
    08-20-09 11:17 PM
    Go to best buy, its $99. The Tour does everything better than the Curve. Better processor, screen, keyboard(IMO), camera, flash, OS, app memory.......this could go on forever
    08-20-09 11:19 PM
    ah sweet that sounds like a hella deal. I was worried that the curve was kinda old, the Tour just came out didn't it?
    08-20-09 11:26 PM
    Yes, the Tour came out a month or so ago.
    08-20-09 11:27 PM
    Sweet, I like to try to buy the latest and greatest if it's in my budget rather than an older model.
    08-20-09 11:31 PM
    The Tour is a real letdown. A toy with a lot of problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 01:33 AM
    If one goes to Best Buy, does it have to be a new line or can they put that on my existing account at their $99 price? And if so, can I still apply my NE2 rebate through Best Buy?
    08-21-09 07:30 AM
    ah sweet that sounds like a hella deal. I was worried that the curve was kinda old, the Tour just came out didn't it?

Its going to be completely up to your preferance. Yes the Tour is newer, "faster" and "better" than the curve...
    However, you want to think about it logically... its a new phone and with a phone new on the market you are going to get known issues...
    The curve is a good starter device. The software is stable and you can do just about anything you can do on the tour on the curve save Visual Voice Mail.. ( maybe others I havent compared )
    Its probobly the most worry free blackberry I've ever had.
    Again; its completely up to you, I would recommend that you go and LOOK at the devices; hold em and see how they feel for texting, scrolling, ect.
    There are some differences...
    08-21-09 08:39 AM
    Hmm I just checked best buy's site and since I'm not a new Vzw customer the Tour would be $149. Curve looking better. Heather, maybe you're right, this is my first smartphone so no doubt I'll be impressed with the curve. I'll go check them both out. Thanks.
    08-21-09 12:09 PM
    Don't forget you have 30 days to try out the phone before exchanging. Try the tour first, then exchange it for the curve. The curve is very very solid but the Tour is new and nice as well. Try it for a week at least before buying the cuvre, you may be surprised
    08-21-09 12:44 PM
    Its going to be completely up to your preferance. Yes the Tour is newer, "faster" and "better" than the curve...
    However, you want to think about it logically... its a new phone and with a phone new on the market you are going to get known issues...
    The curve is a good starter device. The software is stable and you can do just about anything you can do on the tour on the curve save Visual Voice Mail.. ( maybe others I havent compared )
    Its probobly the most worry free blackberry I've ever had.
    Again; its completely up to you, I would recommend that you go and LOOK at the devices; hold em and see how they feel for texting, scrolling, ect.
    There are some differences...
    Hmm I just checked best buy's site and since I'm not a new Vzw customer the Tour would be $149. Curve looking better. Heather, maybe you're right, this is my first smartphone so no doubt I'll be impressed with the curve. I'll go check them both out. Thanks.
    I am glad I came back and read your posts. I have been trying to quanitfy my thoughts on going Curve vs. Tour. I like new and better things. Yes, the Tour has a really nice bright screen and a "faster" browser.

But this will be my first smartphone. And it will be more than anything I have ever had. But I can't see spending $150 for a phone now (or ever....save for a Verizon iPhone). So netting the Curve for free as my first smartphone probably makes the most sense. And then when I am due for my next NE2, I can choose a different device at that time. With the money "saved", I can put it towards a case, or apps, or what have you.

Thank you for helping me figure out what I have been trying to say.

And if I time it right, with the current BOGA offer going on, I can think about the phone my daughter has wanted. I wonder. On offers like the BOGO and BOGA, is it based on the "price" the phone is listed at or the price you pay? So if I get a Curve for $49 minus my NE2, do I have $49 of BOGA value, or is the offer moot for me?
    Last edited by jlb21; 08-21-09 at 01:24 PM.
    08-21-09 01:22 PM
    Of course, if I were to get a "refurbed" Tour from my local store, it might get down to a reasonable price......we'll see......
    08-21-09 01:30 PM
    I am glad I came back and read your posts. I have been trying to quanitfy my thoughts on going Curve vs. Tour. I like new and better things. Yes, the Tour has a really nice bright screen and a "faster" browser.

But this will be my first smartphone. And it will be more than anything I have ever had. But I can't see spending $150 for a phone now (or ever....save for a Verizon iPhone). So netting the Curve for free as my first smartphone probably makes the most sense. And then when I am due for my next NE2, I can choose a different device at that time. With the money "saved", I can put it towards a case, or apps, or what have you.

Thank you for helping me figure out what I have been trying to say.

And if I time it right, with the current BOGA offer going on, I can think about the phone my daughter has wanted. I wonder. On offers like the BOGO and BOGA, is it based on the "price" the phone is listed at or the price you pay? So if I get a Curve for $49 minus my NE2, do I have $49 of BOGA value, or is the offer moot for me?
    You are very welcome... glad I could help... I'm just being honest regarding what I know personally and professionally.
    08-21-09 02:43 PM
    just checked online and called to confirm...tour is 99 dollars at best buy w 2 year contract...whether u use an upgrade or are a new customer...
    08-22-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD