Alright, I have been a blackberry owner for over 2 years and had a blackberry pearl with AT&T until July when I switched to Verizon and got the curve. I know that I need to take my battery out often, update, etc. Lately I am always having trouble receiving messages especially email. I know that I have to resend my service books at times and I do but this is happening almost daily and what I have to do is turn on my network completely and turn it back on. I don't think that is supposed to happen, especially everyday. Now I am not stupid and I know what to do with a blackberry, and with my pearl this NEVER ever happened and since I switched to VZ its been a nightmare. I'm getting sick of it. Does anyone else deal with this problem too Like my phone freezes up and I am OCD about my memory so I am always cleaning out my messages and stuff but yet my emails never come when they should, because when I'm on my computer and see a new email it either doesn't come up on my phone at all or it takes forever. Anyone have any tips?
    09-03-09 04:24 PM
    Make sure u have the .138 software first...
    Using ur BIS portal remove your email addresses from the BB server then readd them.
    If u aren't getting email but can browse on the bb browser its more likely server. If u can't browse its data ... Best test is to add a bb email address and test send/recieve.
    If its getting annoying (understandable) probobly best to call tech support. We can help better with ur acct pulled in the admin and working through the t/s steps with u.
    I have curve w gmail... No issues best bb ever!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 04:38 PM
    Now I don't have the new os because I have a mac and can't download it, but I mean that can't be the reason because it has happened from day one. Alot of the times it will show I have full signal but I can't even browse the web. Its frustrating more than anything.
    09-03-09 04:40 PM
    Try ALT L, ALT L, ALT L then clear the report. Should work better!
    09-03-09 04:53 PM
    I would stay away from the .138 OS. Yes, it is the latest "official" VZW release for the 8330 but there are better builds available. I see you have a mac and I recommend finding a way to keep your device backed up and up to date.

The .169 OS seems to have the fastest download of any OS out there and I have tried them all (except hybrids). On .138 you lost the call timer and it just seemed buggy. The .131 OS seems the most stable non-hybrid but I have had no issues with .169 and appreciate the "zippiness."

Have you considered any 3rd party apps that might have been added to your 8330 as a contributor to your issues? I can't say that my email always arrives as fast as on my PC, but it is usually fairly quick. I often keep my WSJ open and that can slow things down, but as a rule I close an app when I am finished with it.

You've got a great device. I hope you get it "up to speed."

09-04-09 08:02 AM
    no i don't have any other applications that would be causing this but the current os i have is .77 because its what came with my phone and I have a mac so I can't update it. BUt i do backup on my computer, I think I do at least. hmm who knows whats going on. some days its fine and some days its soo slow so I don't even know what to do.
    09-04-09 02:46 PM
    which of the current verizon OS versions is best for controlling memory leak problems on the 8330?

thanks.
    09-06-09 02:25 AM
    I would stay away from the .138 OS. Yes, it is the latest "official" VZW release for the 8330 but there are better builds available.

I will be the first to agree with you; HOWEVER... installing unofficial OS's should be done with care and considering the user is a mac user is impossible at the moment anyway ( enless they borrow a pc )
    I for one have .169 based souly on the fact that it will come out eventually and I want to know how it runs. I had .138 since april and it was fine.

All Im saying is be careful
    09-06-09 09:39 AM
    the official release gave me fits.... so much so it bricked me device, but now still using os 4.5.0.77

I think I have too many apps on startup, but it seems to drop after listening to music, etc.
    09-10-09 08:35 AM
    I will be the first to agree with you; HOWEVER... installing unofficial OS's should be done with care and considering the user is a mac user is impossible at the moment anyway ( enless they borrow a pc )
    I for one have .169 based souly on the fact that it will come out eventually and I want to know how it runs. I had .138 since april and it was fine.

All Im saying is be careful
    Not sure what there is to "be careful" about. Delete the vendor file, download the OS. I tried .138 when it came out and my radio became unstable. Don't understand why VZW chose .138 as their latest "official" OS. They seem to be dragging their feet on this or maybe they're too busy trying to bring out new products and fix the VZW/Alltel fiasco. Thanks for the concern.
    09-10-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD