I really want a Blackberry Curve. I currently have the Blackberry 8830 World Edition but I can't receive picture messages on it and that really bugs me.

I e-mailed Verizon and asked them if i could upgrade early. I am upgrade eligible in December of this year. I told them I would renew my contract or whatever it takes to get a good deal on one.

What are my odds on getting one from them for a decent price? Anything else I can do?
    06-26-08 10:50 AM
    Actually probably pretty good also state that you are will to switch carriers when you contract expires if they can't accomodate you. Ask to speak with a manager that should get it done also.
    06-26-08 10:53 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

There are always ways to fanaggle the Customer Service people... threaten to leave VZW if you have been a long-time customer!
    06-26-08 10:54 AM
    Thank You!

I really haven't been long time customer though I just changed rom Alltel to Verizon last year.
    06-26-08 10:55 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

There are always ways to fanaggle the Customer Service people... threaten to leave VZW if you have been a long-time customer!

Exactly! I reupped for two years a few months ago on a standard LG phone. I called yesterday to inquire about the retail price for a Curve, and they quoted $419. I audibly sighed and started to mention how it would be cheaper for me to pay the ETF and get a curve through Tmobile. Next thing I was on hold for two minutes, then she came back with an offer that blew me away.

I did have a slight advantage though that I didn't have a Berry so it was very feasible I could jump ship. Now it arrives tomorrow
    Last edited by JohnnyBiz; 06-26-08 at 11:38 AM. Reason: clarification
    06-26-08 11:36 AM
    Definitely call though - you'll get a lot further with a phone call than you will with an email. It's too easy for them to just "no" on an email and be done with it. Good luck!!
    06-26-08 11:39 AM
    You don't really haveto threaten them or anything. I just called today and they let me upgrade 6 months early. You just gotta be nice and get a good rep

And i agree with miss_michelle, phone calls are a lot more personal and there's a lot more room to sway them one way or another.
    06-26-08 10:00 PM
    Jonnybiz is right.
    just tell them it would be cheaper to switch carriers. They hate to hear it.
    As long as you have the time to b*tch, you can pretty much get anything you want. lol.
    06-26-08 10:49 PM
    I'd call cs and tell them you want to upgrade. Remind them that you've been a good customer for blank years. If you can't get anywhere with the cs rep, ask to speak to a manager. Don't get upset and threaten.
    06-26-08 10:54 PM
    I really want a Blackberry Curve. I currently have the Blackberry 8830 World Edition but I can't receive picture messages on it and that really bugs me.

I e-mailed Verizon and asked them if i could upgrade early. I am upgrade eligible in December of this year. I told them I would renew my contract or whatever it takes to get a good deal on one.

What are my odds on getting one from them for a decent price? Anything else I can do?
    The easy way to go is to sell your 8830 and used the proceeds to purchase a Curve.
    06-27-08 12:57 PM
    Well it worked.

My curve will be here tomorrow and it only costs me $149.99

Anyone know anyone that wants a Blackberry 8830 WE?
    06-30-08 02:39 PM
    You can. Just call customer service and tell them the situation. Customer Service is pretty and will usually accomdate long time members. Either that, or make friends with someone (like a manager) at a corporate store. Both ways work. I do it all the time. I must have the newest and updated and Verizon almost always seems to come through.
    06-30-08 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD