Right now ATT is offering the curve for $99 after rebates. Verizon wants $135 for termination fees. I'm switching to ATT, paying the termination fee, buying a new Curve, and it will cost me less than $250 for the Curve total!!!
    awesome deal!
    01-19-08 04:29 PM
    Want to save some money.....If getting a Curve look at the current deal from Newegg.com.

Cost out the door with a plan is $0.01 That's right 1 penny

Add in the $75 rebate and you actually make $74.99 so with breaking your VZ contract your actual cost would only be $60.01

I've bought a lot of electronics from Newegg over the years and they have always had a top notch reputation for fast shipping, service and RMA policy.

Bought my Curve from them for $100 a couple weeks ago.
    01-19-08 04:43 PM
    I broke my contract with Verizon to join AT&T as well. I had a Treo 700vx with Verizon that kept locking up. They gave me a 2nd one and it did the same thing. After complaining to them that it was an unreliable phone and that I was so disappointed in it that I was considering terminating my contract to go with another carrier,Verizon wouldn't stand by their product. Needless to say, the next day I had my BB curve on the AT&T network. I couldn't be happier So Long Verizon.....
    01-19-08 07:36 PM
    Want to save some money.....If getting a Curve look at the current deal from Newegg.com.

Cost out the door with a plan is $0.01 That's right 1 penny

Add in the $75 rebate and you actually make $74.99 so with breaking your VZ contract your actual cost would only be $60.01

I've bought a lot of electronics from Newegg over the years and they have always had a top notch reputation for fast shipping, service and RMA policy.

Bought my Curve from them for $100 a couple weeks ago.
    Can you send me the link on Newegg? I have looked and it appears to me that $100 is the bottom line price with a plan thru new egg
    01-19-08 07:49 PM
    Today I activated my new ATT Curve...very sweet. Now I don't have to rent GPS systems when I rent cars (several times a month) and my basic services bill will drop by about $50/month vs. Verizon. Somehow I don't think I will miss Verizon very much!
    01-26-08 01:16 AM
    Somehow I don't think I will miss Verizon very much!
    Except when you NEED to make a call and it won't connect or it drops!
    01-26-08 11:40 AM
    ya that, oh well we will soon have the curve on verizon, so no worries.
    01-26-08 03:44 PM
    I also broke my contract with VZW...I had a Moto Q (ugggghh)...Im at ATT and I love it...Enjoy your Curve...
    01-28-08 01:55 AM
    Except when you NEED to make a call and it won't connect or it drops!
    I've never had a problem with dropping or losing calls on AT and T......
    01-28-08 08:14 AM
    I got a red curve for my wife on valentines' day. Online deals are always better than the store- unless you know someone working there
    03-17-08 10:48 AM
    I tried jumping ship and went to tmobile, found out i had no service at work and went back to verizon. someone here has ATT and same deal, no service.

Then tmobile lost my check for my payment for partial service and are threatening to send me to a collections agency. So not worth it.
    03-17-08 01:12 PM
    I left verizon for AT&T as well for the curve and I was leery at first but I have not experienced one drop call with them and I have good signal strength everywhere I go. I do think AT&T is stepping up. I must say I dont miss verizon as of yet for the service but I do miss the customer service availability at verzion.
    03-17-08 01:41 PM
    I cant wait for the Curve to come to Verizon. I work downtown Manhattan and well most carriers have problems between those buildings lol. I really don't trust the other carriers much.
    03-17-08 04:03 PM
    I cant wait for the Curve to come to Verizon. I work downtown Manhattan and well most carriers have problems between those buildings lol. I really don't trust the other carriers much.

I hope that your in no rush
    03-17-08 04:15 PM
    Do you still get the $100 rebate on that? I recall that the rebate run till 4/7/2008.
    03-17-08 05:29 PM
    I would switch to AT&T for the Curve, even though I've had my Pearl for less than a month, but everyone I talk to is on Verizon. It's just more convenient...but I am anxiously awaiting the Curve.
    03-21-08 09:30 AM
    Im in the same boat. My 30 day return policy is coming up soon, not sure what to do. I suppose I can always ebay the pearl and buy the curve outright if it comes down to it.
    03-21-08 09:52 AM
    I have had AT&T and Sprint. My experiences with both other companies were terrible. AT&T... Dropped calles in Los Angeles left and right.... Sprint....Paid my bill over the phone... terrible customer service.... The rep took my Debit card number and paid off his OWN acct of over $500.... For the inconvenience, they only gave me 60 free minutes, and not to mention all of my over draft fees were never paid by them! Sorry for the venting!!!

That is why I stick with Verizon...I won't go to Tmobile because everyone I know that has it never answers their phone. So I ask them, Why did they not answer? They say Oh I didn't get your call because I don't have reception!

Same boat here. I just bought the pearl about 2 weeks ago... I really want the curve but I am not willing to switch companies just for the curve. I have the Pearl now but I just might exchange before 30 days till the curve comes out. I get a 24% corporate discount with it! My rep said as soon as he gets wind it is coming out... He said I will be the 1st person he notifies. I had the voyager the day it came out and I ended up getting bored really quick with it.
    03-26-08 07:41 PM
    I would switch to AT&T for the Curve, even though I've had my Pearl for less than a month, but everyone I talk to is on Verizon. It's just more convenient...but I am anxiously awaiting the Curve.
    I just switched to AT&T for the Curve because I could not hear the ringer on my 8830 and I don't regret it at all. In 3 weeks I've dropped one call and that's only because I was in an area where no matter what network you have, more likely than not you are probably going to drop a call.
    03-27-08 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD