I for the life of me can not figure this out.... Any suggestions. My buddy would appreciate it...

Read attached emails below....
    We have verizon blackberry curves. I have it forwarding to my office phone (land line) if I don't answer, using *72 then my office number. Our land lines have a "do not disturb" setting, which sends a call directly into my office voicemail. Therefore, if you call my BB and I don't answer, it will forward to my office phone, and directly into voicemail. (The concept is to only have 1 voicemail to maintain, rather than a cell voicemail and an office voicemail).

In the past we had motorola Q's thru verizon and this setup worked just fine. We have one employee with a motorola flip phone and this setup works just fine. We have one employee with an Altel blackberry curve and this setup works just fine.
    However, any verizon blackberry with this setup does not work. If you call my blackberry, it will ring 4-5 times like it should, and then the call fowarding tries to transfer the call over to my office phone. However, the transfer does not work, and the call just goes silent. It doesn't disconnect, it just goes silent.

What's even more strange is this problem only happens when you call me from a cell phone. If you call me from a landline, it works properly.

Any ideas? Any non-blackberry will work, and blackberrys with another carrier work. Only verizon blackberries have the problem, and only when called from another cell phone.

We have multiple VZ BB's on this account with this problem.

I don't have another BB to test that is not on our company account (besides an altell BB curve)

Call from ANY cell, I had the guy with an Alltell BB call me and the
    transfer fails. I had a verizon samsung call me and it failed. I had a verizon motorola call and it failed.

I don't have another landline to test, but all the landlines in my office
    WORK with any phone besides a blackberry. The divert works except with a blackberry.

Thx....

Any replies I can have him try and get back to you.....
    09-10-09 07:37 AM
    Eeek this goes right along with not being able to send txt messages to certain carriers.... I would have them call tech support to see what they can do... I can't think of anything that would be doing it. Most likely a network issue(obviously) but they could try to get rid of all call forwarding and reset it up.
    09-10-09 07:54 AM
    Eeek this goes right along with not being able to send txt messages to certain carriers.... I would have them call tech support to see what they can do... I can't think of anything that would be doing it. Most likely a network issue(obviously) but they could try to get rid of all call forwarding and reset it up.
    Thx for the reply....

But they have contacted CS already, not sure they might have to go to higher Teir support..... Not sure.... But I have tried everything my mind can think of...
    09-10-09 08:09 AM
    Also I should add that when they did call. Verizon blammed it on the office phone system, but yet it works with any non Blackberry device...

But yet they had it working, then it stops....
    09-10-09 08:14 AM
    Verizon CSR's are trained to point fingers, its the same thing when they can't send/recieve txts or sms from another carrier they always blame the other carrier...
    09-10-09 08:18 AM
    The *72 process can be problematic on BlackBerrys. Have they tried one of the conditional call-forwarding routines?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 08:34 AM
    The *72 process can be problematic on BlackBerrys. Have they tried one of the conditional call-forwarding routines?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

u mean these?

To Activate:
    1) Press *71.
    2) Enter the forwarding phone number where you want calls to be forwarded (e.g. *71-606-123-4567).
    3) Press "SEND" and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone.
    4) Press "END".
    To Deactivate:
    1) Press *73.
    2) Press "SEND" and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone.
    3) Press "END".
    09-10-09 09:12 AM
    Just a quick update.

They issued a Verizon/RIM trouble ticket last week...

I will get a full detailed report in a couple days or so.... But sound like right now. It only causes problems from any cell phone that is only local. Out of state calls work....
    09-23-09 09:16 AM
    Keep us up-to-date. I'm interested in the solution for this.
    09-23-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD