Hi all,

I'm just curious if this scenario for the BOGO Blackberry Event will work?

My mom has an upgrade scheduled for two days after Christmas, and she plans on upgrading to the Storm 2. My dad is the secondary line on her account. I have my own account & I recently upgraded in September.

My question is, if my mom gets a Storm2 and gets a second Storm2 free, can I take her second Storm2 and give my dad the Tour I upgraded with?

Thanks for your help.

-- Sammy
    11-21-09 02:00 PM
    i think the bogo only applies to new lines but not sure .. the best way is to call verizon cust serv rep and ask them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 02:22 PM
    New lines...waah. That's what I was afraid of.
    11-21-09 02:26 PM
    They don't just give you a device without a line. You have to have 2 lines ready for upgrade or add another line for the "Get One" phone.

If your Dad's line was also eligible for upgrade, they could do the BOGO. Then you could swap the devices...
    11-21-09 02:39 PM
    I believe my dad's secondary line is also eligible.

I didn't know if you had to add an entirely new line to get the BOGO or if the secondary line would be eligible.

Thanks for your help.
    11-21-09 02:59 PM
    Sonic is correct - if the Bogo is still on when the upgrade in December, once the device is activated on his line, then you swap. Keep in mind once you swap, the warranty on the second storm2 and what warranty that may be left on yours would be void though the carrier.
    11-21-09 03:01 PM
    And if the warranty was void what would that mean exactly?
    11-21-09 03:08 PM
    That means that you would have to run any Mfg. defect though RIM. This is in a real world though, most reps do not check for this and would most likely replace your device anyway
    Last edited by lastraid; 11-21-09 at 08:16 PM.
    11-21-09 03:09 PM
    Okay. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
    11-21-09 03:11 PM
    For Verizon's Bogo you do not have to have a new line. You just have to be eligible for an upgrade. Back in September my husband and I were both eligible for upgrades and bought one tour and got the other one free!

11-21-09 03:25 PM
    Good news all around thanks!
    11-21-09 03:45 PM
    i think the bogo only applies to new lines but not sure .. the best way is to call verizon cust serv rep and ask them

Just dont post if you have no idea, your response is completely wrong. Posts like this are what drag simple questions into 20 page threads of pissing contests.
    11-21-09 05:20 PM
    That means that you would have to run any Mfg. defect though RIM. This is in a real world though, most reps do not check for this and would most likely relpace your device anyway
    Once again the little devil (I miss that avatar) proves his knowledge.
    11-21-09 08:14 PM
    Once again the little devil (I miss that avatar) proves his knowledge.
    I have it hidden some where.
    11-21-09 08:15 PM
    Just dont post if you have no idea, your response is completely wrong. Posts like this are what drag simple questions into 20 page threads of pissing contests.
    And the forum police have arrived. In reality you shouldn't have posted a reply just to be rude, if someone doesn't know I would think calling csr would be a good idea...
    11-21-09 09:40 PM
    I like to think of myself as more of a guide, than police. I'm gonna let ItstheMusic's comment ride, but I agree it would have been better off not said.
    11-21-09 10:27 PM
    And the forum police have arrived. In reality you shouldn't have posted a reply just to be rude, if someone doesn't know I would think calling csr would be a good idea...
    Totally agree on that statementbut whats new right
    11-22-09 10:12 AM
    Pot meet kettle.

Yeah, whats new? Have you seen the above trolls posts?
    11-22-09 03:44 PM
    I called in and the CSR told me the BOGO was for upgrades only, not new lines. I told her the online ad didn't say that. She was insistent. So then I went online and got it for two new lines.
    11-22-09 03:57 PM
    Pot meet kettle.
    Funny, everyone agrees with said "troll"

I like to think of myself as more of a guide, than police. I'm gonna let ItstheMusic's comment ride, but I agree it would have been better off not said.
    11-23-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD