I now have a Verizon BB phone. I have tons of emails to setup. In order to set them up easier without using a clunky phone interface I had hoped to login via a regular browser to their BIS at https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en but when I try to create a login it says the account is not accessible via a HTML browser. What gives?
    02-05-10 01:49 PM
    you have to initially set it up on the device. once that is done you can then log in to that site and add the other email address.
    02-05-10 01:51 PM
    You will need to call VZW tech and them convert the account to a username and password. Although i think i saw this through email settings from the device, there maybe a way to do this.

IF not call VZW tech, just takes a couple of minutes
    02-05-10 01:51 PM
    So have you initially set one up on the device? If not then once you create your username and password you should be able to log into the website you listed and proceed on with adding the others.
    02-05-10 01:59 PM
    So have you initially set one up on the device? If not then once you create your username and password you should be able to log into the website you listed and proceed on with adding the others.
    Actually, if you set an email from the device first, you will not be able to login online from the BIS on a computer. The reason for this that the device will authenticate with an MTN and Pin. Once this happens, you will need to have the account converted.
    02-05-10 02:10 PM
    Tried authentication with MTN and Pin but still couldn't get in.
    02-05-10 02:15 PM
    Tried authentication with MTN and Pin but still couldn't get in.
    No, sorry if I confused this issue.

You will need top call VZW and have them convert the account to a username and password. This will be the only way to access the BIS site from a computer.
    02-05-10 02:19 PM
    sent pm wac
    02-05-10 02:21 PM
    When you initially set it up on the device after you enter in your email address and have confirmed it you will be able to set up the username by going to service and settings. under setting is where you will find that.

Just going in and setting up the email then after seeing "ok" and ending will cause the problem. That's what I was not understanding as to why one wouldn't create a username or pw.

LastRaid is correct I was just unsure if you had actually made it to the point of creating the account. Seems as if you were further along than I gave you credit for.
    Last edited by bs1two; 02-05-10 at 03:08 PM.
    02-05-10 02:54 PM
    No, sorry if I confused this issue.

You will need top call VZW and have them convert the account to a username and password. This will be the only way to access the BIS site from a computer.
    This can be done in the E-Mail settings on the device. See the following: View Document
    02-05-10 04:30 PM
    This can be done in the E-Mail settings on the device. See the following: View Document
    Thank you for that link. I went off an emulator and had no way of getting that info here other than words.
    02-05-10 04:36 PM
    Issue has been resolved. Wac is up and running with all emails now and account is fixed!
    02-05-10 04:47 PM
    Thanks, I thought it could be done through the device. I was just 100% sure just about 94.5 %
    02-05-10 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD