I see that the Blackberry Tour will have a buddy of his drop at the same time called the Blackberry Atlas. This will have Wi-Fi. But this is NOT my issue. I really haven't seen much information regarding the BB Atlas. Does anyone have any information they could share regarding this device?

I apologize if i am reposting a question as a thread or if I totally missed the thread.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    05-15-09 09:22 PM
    That is the Storm2 rumor - BGR has it all wrong. Any Storm replacement won't be coming anywhere close to the Niagara.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 09:39 PM
    05-16-09 01:25 AM
    here's the link from bgr
    And BGR had less info than did cable news channels six weeks ago.

05-16-09 02:52 AM
    Twins is correct. If you think about it logically why in the world would Big Red bring 2 blackberries to market at the same time? It doesn't make good business sense

Why? Because other than the Storm their BlackBerry lineup is all three year old plus devices! Desperately needing an overhaul top to bottom.

05-17-09 07:47 AM
    Why? Because other than the Storm their BlackBerry lineup is all three year old plus devices! Desperately needing an overhaul top to bottom.

I guess the better question would be, why would Verizon bring two of the exact same Blackberry to market at the same time, one with wi-fi and the other without?
    05-17-09 08:36 AM
    I think they would do that because they are devices aimed at different people. The tour for the more business oriented individual and the storm for the media oriented individual, but I could be wrong this is just me rationalizing a situation.

05-17-09 08:51 AM

That may be true, but here's how I look at it.

BB Pearl: The original incarnation of the Pearl will be out the door sooner rather than later, IMO, but for a BB beginner, it's a solid device.

BB 8703e: Ok, yeah, it's time for that one to go.

BB Curve: STILL the most rock solid Berry out there in any lineup. Is it the flashiest? No. But when it comes just plain ol' getting it done w/o OS lockups and other problems, it just gets it done.

BB 8830: Probably going to go dodo in the near future (with the Tour coming), but as of right now w/ only this device and the Storm as current CDMA WE phones, it makes sense to have it. Plus, it's more inclined to the hardcore business user. Shocking!

BB Storm: It is the the most current CDMA Berry out there (8350i notwithstanding). I imagine it'll be replaced w/ the Storm 2 whenever that drops (Q4/Q1 '10).

If the Tour drops in July as speculated, and the Storm 2 drops in January of next year (if not earlier), and they BOTH go to Big Red, that's pretty good. How many carriers get two new BB's in one year, much less six months?

Edit: Forgot about the Pearl Flip. So we'll say 2 and a 1/2 new BB's in a 6-7 month span.
    05-17-09 09:06 AM
    And BGR had less info than did cable news channels six weeks ago.

well, cb ran with it as well... and they did confirm it will be out within a relatively close window to the tour and will have wifi
    05-17-09 09:19 AM
    That may be true, but here's how I look at it.

BB Pearl: The original incarnation of the Pearl will be out the door sooner rather than later, IMO, but for a BB beginner, it's a solid device.

BB 8703e: Ok, yeah, it's time for that one to go.

BB Curve: STILL the most rock solid Berry out there in any lineup. Is it the flashiest? No. But when it comes just plain ol' getting it done w/o OS lockups and other problems, it just gets it done.

BB 8830: Probably going to go dodo in the near future (with the Tour coming), but as of right now w/ only this device and the Storm as current CDMA WE phones, it makes sense to have it. Plus, it's more inclined to the hardcore business user. Shocking!

BB Storm: It is the the most current CDMA Berry out there (8350i notwithstanding). I imagine it'll be replaced w/ the Storm 2 whenever that drops (Q4/Q1 '10).

If the Tour drops in July as speculated, and the Storm 2 drops in January of next year (if not earlier), and they BOTH go to Big Red, that's pretty good. How many carriers get two new BB's in one year, much less six months?

Edit: Forgot about the Pearl Flip. So we'll say 2 and a 1/2 new BB's in a 6-7 month span.
    The 8350i is not a CDMA Blackberry, it uses Nextel's iDEN radio technology.
    05-17-09 02:03 PM
    Ok, let me clarify..

What I meant was two WE BB's. I figured that was kind of obvious, figuring the direction of the conversation and all, but I digress.

And yeah, I know the 8350i is a PTT device. It's just on the only other CDMA carrier worth anything nationally speaking. That was my only point.

05-17-09 07:13 PM
    Ok, let me clarify..

What I meant was two WE BB's. I figured that was kind of obvious, figuring the direction of the conversation and all, but I digress.

And yeah, I know the 8350i is a PTT device. It's just on the only other CDMA carrier worth anything nationally speaking. That was my only point.

But the 8350i is not on a CDMA carrier...it's on an iDEN carrier....
    05-17-09 08:25 PM
    I think the Storm two should have a different name lol something related to a storm or another natural disaster. IMO.
    05-17-09 10:52 PM
    well, cb ran with it as well... and they did confirm it will be out within a relatively close window to the tour and will have wifi
    doesn't mean its true, just means its been speculated, and its coming from a source that CB trusts....i'll stick with the "wait and see" approach.
    05-18-09 01:42 AM
    The BlackBerry Atlas should be the CDMA version of the Curve 8900, aka 8930.
    05-18-09 10:20 PM
    when does the BB Atlas Come out?
    10-17-09 08:08 PM
    when does the BB Atlas Come out?
    It is not going to come out in the US. it will be a china release only, it is too similar to Tour and essex will take care of the WI-FI.
    10-17-09 10:20 PM
    It was discussed here in Crackberry.

10-18-09 09:46 AM
    Thats dumb i wish it came out here too
    10-18-09 11:53 PM
    By the way what is essex?
    10-18-09 11:53 PM
    Essex will be the version of the current Tour, but w/ wifi and trackpad.

10-19-09 05:13 PM
    Essex will be the version of the current Tour, but w/ wifi and trackpad.

Which means it will still be cheap and crappy.
    10-19-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD