Looking for a little advice. I have the Curve 8330 and I just cracked the screen yesterday. Everything still works fine, but the crack is a bit annoying when reading emails and such.. I have the insurance, and am eligible for new every 2. Do you think I should hold onto the curve and wait for a new BlackBerry to come to Verizon, or just go get the Tour? Any advice and ideas would be great. Thanks in advance..
    09-20-09 09:51 PM
    The HTC TouchPro 2 is nice.

The Samsung Omnia 2 will be, too.

The Storm 2 won't be anything to write homw about - and you can take that from someone with extended first-hand experience. The Tour isn't bad, if you're set on BlackBerry. It is just built cheaply.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 10:05 PM
    The HTC TouchPro 2 is nice.

The Samsung Omnia 2 will be, too.

The Storm 2 won't be anything to write homw about - and you can take that from someone with extended first-hand experience. The Tour isn't bad, if you're set on BlackBerry. It is just built cheaply.

You are so right on that one. While its a decent blackberry; I looked at it at my local vzw store and it looks like fisher price made it. The display model had the battery cover issue; warped screen; and bad trackball... why would you want your DISPLAY model to show all that is sooo wrong with this phone?? I questioned the rep and they looked at me like I was going crazy...
    "Oh well, my tour doesnt have ANY problems"
    "yeah? How many times did you exchange it before you got one without issues?"
    *crickets*
    LOL
    09-21-09 07:27 AM
    The Storm 2 is going to be a great device! Way better than the Storm 1 and should be releasing soon, besides that the Essex is the only upcoming device after that but it isn't anytime soon (is a Tour but with WiFi) and the 8530 should also be hitting VZW soon but it isn't much of an upgrade from your 8330, if you don't like touch screen phone then I say go with the Tour
    09-21-09 07:41 AM
    The Storm 2 is going to be a great device!
    And you know this how? Do you have one? Because you read it somewhere? Was it the same sources that said Storm would be a great device?

I have one. It isn't.

09-21-09 08:48 AM
    And you know this how? Do you have one? Because you read it somewhere? Was it the same sources that said Storm would be a great device?

I have one. It isn't.

Simply because anything can be better than the Storm1 was. And since "you have one" you know that it isn't a finished product "at least software wise" so ofcourse is not good enough yet!

Just relax bro, is only a thread no need to catch a heart attack over it, lol
    09-21-09 08:59 AM
    can we say... BETA???

Ive done enought beta software testing that I refuse to buy a new product concept.
    Still dont have a blueray player.
    Took me 18mo's to get an xbox 360...
    09-21-09 09:07 AM
    No heart attacks here - been getting new ones about every two weeks. Fairly final stuff.

And it is still crap.

I just think it hilarious that people are so sure it will be great, because they hope RIM will change - you just go ahead & believe that. Then when you're one of the first ones with one & find it is buggy, poorly designed & with the capabilities of a three-year-old device...

09-21-09 09:09 AM
    I'd say for $10 plus shipping you can fix the screen on your 8330 and wait until another phone comes out that your in love with. I bought mine from fonlogix.com with no problems. It was easy to replace too.

09-21-09 09:57 AM
    I just got the tp2 and have to say its the best windows mobile phone i've ever had. It blows the storm out of the water.

09-23-09 02:45 AM
    I just got the tp2 and have to say its the best windows mobile phone i've ever had. It blows the storm out of the water.
    And you didn't even wait for WM6.5

WiFi, quad band GSM, full GPS, easy email setup, a keyboard for huge hands... don't miss out on time with xda.

Any problems, so far?

09-23-09 08:15 AM
    can we say... BETA???

Ive done enought beta software testing that I refuse to buy a new product concept.
    Still dont have a blueray player.
    Took me 18mo's to get an xbox 360...
    LOL and they still red ring like there's no tomorrow. I'm on my fourth 360. Only second Storm though
    09-23-09 08:21 AM
    And you didn't even wait for WM6.5

WiFi, quad band GSM, full GPS, easy email setup, a keyboard for huge hands... don't miss out on time with xda.

Any problems, so far?

Alls good so far. The only thing is more and more of my forum time is with the good folks at xda
    09-23-09 09:18 AM
    Good folks over there. Overall, more knowledgeable than here.

Wave when you see me.

09-23-09 09:35 AM
    I like the way the 9700 looks. So far the reviews say it is good and fast. More then likely be my next device.

09-23-09 10:58 AM

I just think it hilarious that people are so sure it will be great, because they hope RIM will change - you just go ahead & believe that. Then when you're one of the first ones with one & find it is buggy, poorly designed & with the capabilities of a three-year-old device...

I too think its hilarious how people hated RIM so much when the Storm came out but the Storm 2 is going to be the messiah of phones... Meanwhile anyone with a brain is thinking back to November of last year...
    09-24-09 08:07 AM
    I too think its hilarious how people hated RIM so much when the Storm came out but the Storm 2 is going to be the messiah of phones... Meanwhile anyone with a brain is thinking back to November of last year...
    Yeah like it dies and you think its broke... then three days later it turns back on!?
    09-24-09 10:15 AM
    No - they hated VZW for the Storm. For some reason, hidden in the unreasonably warped & tainted mind of the Cult of BlackBerry fans, RIM was mostly unscathed.

Was reading some banter the other day on xda & ars about the pre-release phone reviews. The attitude on the tech sites (as opposed to the fan sites) is the fan sites are usually dead wrong on features, release dates, performance & quality.

Storm was wonderful, TouchPro was great, Tour would be the perfect device, and Omnia2 would be out August 23rd. The list goes on & on. Anytime someone tells me something like "the new Moto 86D is due out on Feb 30th with flash, WiFi, choice of colors, lifetime warranty & jet pack" I have to snicker. Prefacing anything with "this site said" causes me to break down in hysterical laughter, because folks really are that gullible & undiscerning.

On one tech site or another, they said some of the worst offenders are Gizmodo, BGR & CB. Figures, since the fansites snag info from each other all the time - but I could add to the list & be here all day. One fansite butchers what little info they have & preps it into a traffic-generating story & the others follow suit. They see features on a cobbled mule & claim the features work when they could barely get the device to turn on. Site hits equal advertising revenue. Truth does not enter into that equation.

If a site were to state "New BlackBerry device is a piece of trash" the BlackBerry faithful would head to another site. Bye-bye ad dollars.

Think supermarket tabloids. The "reporting" fansites are in the same league - and phone consumers never seem to remember - only hopes for tomorrow.

09-24-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD