I just bought a Blackberry Tour from a friend. I have Verizon's 10 dollar a month data package. Is there anyway to activate the phone without being forced to upgrade to the Blackberry data package?
    01-25-10 11:08 PM
    Don't think so... You'll need a smartphone/BB plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 11:15 PM
    If I activate it online it will still make me purchase it? Do you know this for sure or you are just assuming? Cause i've heard many different things
    Last edited by keeler001; 01-26-10 at 10:02 AM.
    01-25-10 11:18 PM
    If I activate it online it will still make me purchase it? Do you know this for sure or you are just assuming? Cause i've heard many different things haha
    No. You will need it. ha ha ha...
    01-25-10 11:32 PM
    We know this for sure. No way around it. Ha ha ha ha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 12:14 AM
    Alright well thank you...Someone told me that if I activate the plan then call the next month and have them cancel it the phone will still work is there any truth to that? I just want the phone I don't need all of the features for it
    01-26-10 10:01 AM
    Why would you want a BB with none of the necessary features - to which it is design to do - ? If you cancel the phone, it'll cancel the line.. it has to have the plan on it to function, so to speak...
    01-26-10 10:18 AM
    You can not have a Blackberry without the data plan...period ha ha ha.
    01-26-10 10:58 AM
    You can not have a BB on verizon without a dataplan. You may be able to unlock it and find another carrier to use it on without a dataplan, but it's really not worth having a BB without data.
    01-26-10 11:46 AM
    Alright well thank you...Someone told me that if I activate the plan then call the next month and have them cancel it the phone will still work is there any truth to that? I just want the phone I don't need all of the features for it
    IF this is case and you just want a phone, another device would suit your needs much better
    01-26-10 03:42 PM
    I got the phone for free, I like the Tour and wanted to use it especially since I got it for free. I thought you needed the data plan but I didn't know if i activated it online since I already have a partial data plan if it would work or not...or if there was a way to "unlock" the phone so that it would allow it to work.
    01-26-10 06:50 PM
    No there isn't. You must have a data plan. It will be added automatically no matter what.
    01-26-10 06:59 PM
    How about a sticky on this very topic.. ha ha.. If only I had a $1 for everytime I see these threads.. haha... omg.. lol.. rofl..
    01-26-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD