Still having volume problem with downloaded ringtones on by 8830. They sound loud on the playback but when the phone rings it is about 1/3 of the volume. Are they ever going to fix this?????????
    01-23-08 11:45 AM
    Still having volume problem with downloaded ringtones on by 8830. They sound loud on the playback but when the phone rings it is about 1/3 of the volume. Are they ever going to fix this?????????
    Not sure where I saw this, but I remember seeing something about the 8830 ring volume not being that loud to begin with. So it might not be a problem with the downloaded ring tone. Have you tried to get them from another source? Say Free Ringtones from Phonezoo: Create and Download Free Ringtones, Jokes, Photos and Wallpaper?
    01-23-08 11:48 AM
    This is an issue with the ringtone itself just as much as the speaker. Also, a lot of ringtones will play much lower in the preview than when in actual use. I suggest actually testing your tones with calls, texts and e-mails. Also, there are plenty of free ringtone sites designed for Blackberries, and so just tool around and trust me there are ones that are quite loud.
    09-23-08 05:43 AM
    DITTO...also another problem I am having is that when I load the music from my Itunes onto the Simcard to put on my blackberry to use as ringtone, some of them have the "locked" lock symbol on the file and I cannot use it as ringtone on my blackberry. Is this because I downloaded and bought the song from Itunes store? Does anyone have a workaround for this issue?
    09-23-08 10:04 AM
    This is an issue with the ringtone itself just as much as the speaker. Also, a lot of ringtones will play much lower in the preview than when in actual use. I suggest actually testing your tones with calls, texts and e-mails. Also, there are plenty of free ringtone sites designed for Blackberries, and so just tool around and trust me there are ones that are quite loud.
    Actually you have no idea what you're talking about. For those of you bold enough to run OS 4.5 on your 8830s, there's a fix for the ringer issue that I released. Go to the 8830 forum and look at the top sticky for it. In terms of slighly louder ringtones, you can try zedge.net. Most of the ringers on there are slighly boosted. They could be enough to help you under 4.2.

As for the iTunes songs as ringers, that won't work. All iTunes music that was purchased is DRM equipped. That means you won't be able to play it on a device that doesn't have the DRM keys from Apple. Strip the DRM away from the song. An easy way to do this is to make a CD of the songs you want (in WAV format, don't just burn the MP3 on the CD, that won't work) and then rip them back off the CD to MP3 format. Plenty of software to do that is on the web as well as other software that can just strip DRM from the MP3 without having to burn to a CD first.
    09-23-08 10:49 AM
    so please help me since I am an *****.... I have a VERIZON 8830 WE and I downloaded the trail version of RINGO to make my ringer louder but it does not work.... Whet am i doing wrong?
    02-09-09 12:23 PM
    I don't know about Ringo but there is a thread on CLASSIC ringers on the 8830 subforum which provides a good volume. Also, you can find audacity or wavepad and use those to edit a sound file and boost the volume.
    02-10-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD