I'm currently a Verizon customer with an enV3 phone. I just got this phone in July after seeing an in-store rep who pulled some strings to get me the enV3 2 months before my new every 2 was eligible...however I always wanted a blackberry curve and I settled.

I regret settling and now I really want the new Curve 8530 for the holiday season.

I'm concerned that since I already pulled serious strings for my enV3, I don't know if there's ANY way to work something out to upgrade early again, especially so soon. My only thought is that this phone is notorious for randomly powering off. My boyfriend has the same phone and had to replace his twice already for this problem. Mine has done it once before, so could I use this and the holiday specials as bargaining tools?

I was hoping a verizon rep or someone knowledgeable could help me out or tell me if it's a hopeless cause. I can't afford full retail price right now and I'm a loyal customer. I know it may be asking a lot but I'd be willing to sign up for another 2 year contract and this would be my final phone until I'm actually eligible. Sorry this was so lengthy.
    11-30-09 07:53 PM
    Sorry to say the chance would be slim to none and slim just moved to secluded island and has not been heard from since.

Do you have other lines on your account that might be eligable for upgrade?

You could do an add a line for 9.99 + 29.99 for data plan. Lost of filks do this. Problem with this is, you end paying almost retail. You do have an back up line and phone though.
    11-30-09 08:04 PM
    That's what I figured. Thanks for the advice!
    11-30-09 08:20 PM
    You could do an add a line for 9.99 + 29.99 for data plan. Lost of filks do this. Problem with this is, you end paying almost retail. You do have an back up line and phone though.
    Note to you, again.

This only works this way if you already have a family share plan. You cannot add a line to an individual plan for 9.99. The conversion of adding a second line and turning it into a share plan actually costs ~30 a month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 10:31 PM
    There's also the option to pay full retail. $359 may seem a bit pricey, but personally, I remember the days when non-cellular PDAs cost that much, and there was obviously no carrier to subsidize them.
    12-01-09 01:41 AM
    I remember when Treos cost $400 bucks, subsidized.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD