Is there anyone out there that uses there BB 8130 with a BT stereo in there car? I have a Pioneer 9800bt and when i had the 8100 cingular it won't automaticlly tehter each time the car was turned on, like all my other phone.

Does anyone use bluetooth dongle with the 8130 to connect it to the computer?

Has anyone used bluetooth dongle with 8130 for modem? If it can be done.
    11-21-07 07:58 PM
    Did you ever get your 8130 to do a bluetooth tether and run as your modem to browse internet without a cable? Thanks
    02-02-08 01:45 AM
    BT modem is really not worth it. BT is capped at 460kbps which is at the low end of EVDO (400-700kbps). And that's without interference like microwaves, fluorescent lighting, wireless phones etc.

If you really really want to do it, you have to pair your computer and BB first. Then you download the appropriate VZAccess manager version from vzam.net and choose the BT option in the wizard...that's about it.

And make sure you have the tethering feature added to your acct.
    02-09-08 11:54 PM
    BT modem is really not worth it. BT is capped at 460kbps which is at the low end of EVDO (400-700kbps). And that's without interference like microwaves, fluorescent lighting, wireless phones etc.

If you really really want to do it, you have to pair your computer and BB first. Then you download the appropriate VZAccess manager version from vzam.net and choose the BT option in the wizard...that's about it.

And make sure you have the tethering feature added to your acct.
    If you have the BB Data plan. Can you tether for free?
    04-01-08 08:54 PM
    No, tethering is an additional monthly cost. If on BES it is $15 additional per month and it seems to be $30 additional if you are a BIS user.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD