So the BOGO is ending soon but not eligible for both lines till end of November- Anyone know if they will bring it back for the holidays?
    10-31-09 06:05 PM
    Why don't you open 2 more lines and cancel the one you are on at the end of november? You will only pay additional $10 or so on familly plan for 1 month.
    11-01-09 05:10 AM
    you would loose your number then
    11-01-09 08:52 AM
    I doubt it will come back this year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 10:49 PM
    So the BOGO is ending soon but not eligible for both lines till end of November- Anyone know if they will bring it back for the holidays?
    we can only hope so sir
    11-04-09 04:10 AM
    The day after Thanksgiving in the United States, is often referred to as Black Friday. Black Friday is one of the major U.S. holiday shopping days when many U.S. consumers begin Christmas shopping.

The origin of Black Friday comes from the shift to profitability during the holiday season. Retailers went from being unprofitable, or "in the red," to being profitable, or "in the black", at a time when accounting records were kept by hand and red indicated loss and black profit.

Retailers publish special sale ads on Thanksgiving day to get customers into their doors the following morning. "Doorbusters" and "Early Bird Specials" help lure customers in with heavy discounting on retail items. Lines often stretch around the block as customers jam parking lots waiting to snatch up the hot sale items of the year.

Black Friday is a shopping holiday that often translates into both an online and offline shopping experience. Many retailers publish the same ads online offering similar discounts with free shipping promotions to get customers onto a retailer's online shopping portal.
    11-04-09 05:13 AM
    Hopefully they will keep the Black Friday tradition and still offer some killer deals. I see them doing something different, still a good deal, but not the BOGO.
    11-04-09 05:51 AM
    The day after Thanksgiving in the United States, is often referred to as Black Friday. Black Friday is one of the major U.S. holiday shopping days when many U.S. consumers begin Christmas shopping.

The origin of Black Friday comes from the shift to profitability during the holiday season. Retailers went from being unprofitable, or "in the red," to being profitable, or "in the black", at a time when accounting records were kept by hand and red indicated loss and black profit.

Retailers publish special sale ads on Thanksgiving day to get customers into their doors the following morning. "Doorbusters" and "Early Bird Specials" help lure customers in with heavy discounting on retail items. Lines often stretch around the block as customers jam parking lots waiting to snatch up the hot sale items of the year.

Black Friday is a shopping holiday that often translates into both an online and offline shopping experience. Many retailers publish the same ads online offering similar discounts with free shipping promotions to get customers onto a retailer's online shopping portal.
    I track black friday deals on the following website: Black Friday Ads - The Official Black Friday 2009 Website

I also follow them on twitter for easy notification of new postings: BFAds

I have only shopped BF twice. Once I got online 9pm on Thanksgiving for a midnight opening at a CompUSA store. Another year I did a private shopping appointment at Best Buy.

What...what did I say.........I called my best buy, got their business services department (or whatever it is called) and made an appointment to shop there on BF with a private shopping assistant. That person asked me to provide the items I wanted. I did that. I went at 3pm....yes.....3pm on BF and found my shopper, went with him to the business services desk, where he took out my pre-picked items and checked me out at the business services desk. I was in and out on BF in 10 minutes.

Not all Best Buys will do this....but it is worth checking into it......
    11-04-09 07:25 AM
    jlb........

Thank you very much for the post. Been looking for a site like this!
    11-04-09 07:41 AM
    black friday = my bday !! cant wait
    11-04-09 08:29 AM
    Verizon has extended the BOGO offer until at least November 30th. Received info from a corporate Verizon rep.
    11-04-09 08:40 AM
    Just remember though that as of 11/15, VZW is UPPING the ETF to $350.00 per line. There are a few links about that posted elsewhere on this site.
    11-04-09 09:31 AM
    i'm a rep and they are still ending on the 7th as far as i can tell..
    11-04-09 09:51 AM
    i'm a rep and they are still ending on the 7th as far as i can tell..
    You live in Michigan?
    11-04-09 10:10 AM
    Just remember though that as of 11/15, VZW is UPPING the ETF to $350.00 per line. There are a few links about that posted elsewhere on this site.
    Doesn't that alone constitute a change in terms which would allow you to get out without having to pay?

I mean, you agreed to a contract with a stated (albeit in fine print) stipulation that ETF would be $250 (or whatever), and by changing it to $350, isn't that a change in terms?

Unless it is for new lines and not on existing lines/contracts..........which is what it probably is.
    11-04-09 02:04 PM
    jlb........

Thank you very much for the post. Been looking for a site like this!
    No problem. BFAds really does a bangup job. They take it seriously and bring you very accurate (or as accurate as can be at any moment in time prior to BF) info.

It's a great way to determine well ahead of time if you are going to brave the crowds. But be religious about checking the site as many retailers now do BF sales before BF........
    11-04-09 02:06 PM
    Doesn't that alone constitute a change in terms which would allow you to get out without having to pay?

I mean, you agreed to a contract with a stated (albeit in fine print) stipulation that ETF would be $250 (or whatever), and by changing it to $350, isn't that a change in terms?

Unless it is for new lines and not on existing lines/contracts..........which is what it probably is.

Its on NEW lines and UPGRADES. Everyone that has a contract in force right now will stick with what was agreed to when signing the original contract.
    11-04-09 02:06 PM
    New VZW policy, also hitting 11/15 - if you claim something is a change in terms & a reason to get out of your contract, your ETF will rise to $1000 & you will see your contact extended by 8.6 years. Your spouse will toss you from the house, take everything you own & run off to Fiji. Your boss will then terminate you for whatever reason & unemployment will turn you down. Then, to top it all off, some guy known only as "Bubba" will track you down & cut off your thumbs, preventing you from ever using anything but WM5 with a stylus. How will Bubba find you? Didn't you know? There's a map for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 05:44 PM
    But you get to keep the bacon......
    11-05-09 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD