12-07-11 01:05 AM
31 12
tools
    Currently have a Thunderbolt and can't wait to get back to BB. Does anyone know if Verizon will have any Black Friday specials on BB Phones, particularly the 9930?
    11-07-11 10:26 PM
    was speaking to a rep yesterday and she advised that i should wait for black friday to get a new bold. take it for what it is worth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 11:04 AM
    I'd be very surprised if there wasn't.

Just wait, your patience will be rewarded.
    11-08-11 11:51 AM
    Much appreciated, can't wait for Black Friday so I may return to BBM.
    11-12-11 12:00 AM
    Good luck getting your Blackberry.. welcome back.
    11-12-11 12:09 PM
    Good luck getting your Blackberry.. welcome back.
    Much appreciated, how do you like your Bold? I'm assuming 9900/9930?

Also, I've been looking at a playbook unfortunately any place I've gone has had loads of tablets out and no playbooks functioning. Anyone have any feedback on the functionality of their Playbook?

*My apologies for putting this in general discussion for whoever moved it, I didn't realize there was a carrier specific section.
    Last edited by CollinR4; 11-12-11 at 05:51 PM.
    11-12-11 04:30 PM
    Rumor has it the PB will be 199 on Black Friday at Walmart, BestBuy and Staples.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-14-11 07:57 PM
    Rumor has it the PB will be 199 on Black Friday at Walmart, BestBuy and Staples.
    I'm wrong, I just checked the scans at Slickdeals, JUST Staples will have the PB for 199 on BlackFriday. BestBuy will have a couple Android tabs on sale. Staples will also have some Androids also. Looks like the Acer Iconia (which I just got for 259) will be 299, and the Asus Transformer will be 249.
    11-14-11 11:48 PM
    Much appreciated, can't wait for Black Friday so I may return to BBM.
    BBm isn't that great. Getting tired of using mine. Look to save some cash. The phone is still full priced at my local VZ, and of course they aren't selling anywhere near any android or iphone.
    11-15-11 10:23 PM
    BBm isn't that great. Getting tired of using mine. Look to save some cash. The phone is still full priced at my local VZ, and of course they aren't selling anywhere near any android or iphone.
    My girlfriend has a blackberry so it actually does save cash over paying for unlimited texting. I have an android phone and it has some great features but I am sending too many emails for a touch screen combined with the battery life of a 4.3" screen. The strengths of a Blackberry from what I remember are exceptional keyboard and great battery life makes for an easy choice for me obviously those aren't as important to everyone but I think everyone has to make the choice that is best for them.

Anyone hear any updates regarding price cuts for Black Friday?
    Last edited by CollinR4; 11-16-11 at 01:00 PM.
    11-16-11 12:56 PM
    Check Bestbuy, they are doing phone, they don't show any BBs in the ad, BUT I dug deep and found the ATT 9810 is included and is free with 2 year contract, so hopefully some of the Verizon BBs are also included. Some of the Verizon Droids are shown in the ad, so Verizon IS included in the promotion. Your Thunderbolt for example is included!
    11-16-11 02:27 PM
    Currently have a Thunderbolt and can't wait to get back to BB. Does anyone know if Verizon will have any Black Friday specials on BB Phones, particularly the 9930?
    Would you mind digressing a bit about why you're unhappy with the Thunderbolt? I've been looking at switching from my Storm2 to a droid phone (either the Thunderbolt or the newer Rezound) and would be interested in your opinion as to why you're switching back to BB. As someone who is considering the opposite switch, it would be much appreciated!
    11-20-11 10:26 PM
    Would you mind digressing a bit about why you're unhappy with the Thunderbolt? I've been looking at switching from my Storm2 to a droid phone (either the Thunderbolt or the newer Rezound) and would be interested in your opinion as to why you're switching back to BB. As someone who is considering the opposite switch, it would be much appreciated!
    Honestly my biggest gripe would be the battery life, I have to constantly stay connected for work and need that email access at all time but don't always have time to hunt down a charger. I will not bash Android because the system is nice but I also really miss the keyboard with the number of emails I send each day (obviously not of concern to you with a storm2). The features are nice but they come with a price on how often you have to recharge (obviously this is just my personal experience).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    2xJ likes this.
    11-21-11 01:20 AM
    Good Luck Collin!
    11-21-11 03:47 AM
    Honestly my biggest gripe would be the battery life, I have to constantly stay connected for work and need that email access at all time but don't always have time to hunt down a charger. I will not bash Android because the system is nice but I also really miss the keyboard with the number of emails I send each day (obviously not of concern to you with a storm2). The features are nice but they come with a price on how often you have to recharge (obviously this is just my personal experience).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    That's great input, I appreciate it. How would you compare the push capabilities with the droid versus the Blackberry?

My phone is always on the charger when I'm not are work or in the car, so I'm not terribly concerned about battery power, but it is still definitely something I'd have to weigh into account. That seems to be a common complaint of the droid platform from what I've been reading.
    11-21-11 10:01 AM
    That's great input, I appreciate it. How would you compare the push capabilities with the droid versus the Blackberry?

My phone is always on the charger when I'm not are work or in the car, so I'm not terribly concerned about battery power, but it is still definitely something I'd have to weigh into account. That seems to be a common complaint of the droid platform from what I've been reading.
    To be honest the push capabilities that RIM has is what made it the dominant company in the smartphone market initially. The Android settings are nice in that you can set it to regularly refresh but when you try that to get it closer to functionality of the blackberry in terms of email access it again hinders the battery life...I just checked and the shortest period of time to update is every 5 minutes.
    11-21-11 01:00 PM
    was speaking to a rep yesterday and she advised that i should wait for black friday to get a new bold. take it for what it is worth.

That could be something as simple as crediting the rebate and/or the activation fee. Either way yeah if you are this close may as well wait a few more days.
    11-22-11 10:43 PM
    will be worthwhile
    11-23-11 07:32 AM
    According to the VZW webpage I can get a torch for the same price I could have got it for yesterday... meh.

11-24-11 11:57 PM
    Haven't had a chance to go in store or their website can someone report on any deals?

11-25-11 12:07 PM
    Battery seems to be dependant on the phone. I have the Droid 3 and do just fine on my phone. Of course I rooted and put a ROM on here.
    11-25-11 03:47 PM
    Well that was terrible. No deal at all on the Blackberry Bold and the Torch was the same price as it was last week. Any idea if Cyber Monday may bring something better from Verizon?
    11-26-11 11:28 PM
    Well that was terrible. No deal at all on the Blackberry Bold and the Torch was the same price as it was last week. Any idea if Cyber Monday may bring something better from Verizon?
    This was my experience as well. No deals at all, really. So ultimately, I'm just going to try a new battery for my Storm2. If that doesn't solve the problem, it's time to bite the bullet and get a new phone, probably a Droid.
    11-29-11 07:07 PM
    My 9930 should arrive today. Upgraded thru Radio Shack and the phone was free with $9.95 shipping. Kept my same unlimited data plan etc. I couldn't see paying the $169.00 to upgrade that Verizon was offering.

I really hope this works out thru Radio Shack without messing up my plan. I'll update if it does.

If you're interested, the 9930 is still showing free + shipping on the website.

I'm not affiliated with RS. Just wanted to make sure those wanting a cheaper option knew of one.
    12-01-11 09:48 AM
    My 9930 should arrive today. Upgraded thru Radio Shack and the phone was free with $9.95 shipping. Kept my same unlimited data plan etc. I couldn't see paying the $169.00 to upgrade that Verizon was offering.

I really hope this works out thru Radio Shack without messing up my plan. I'll update if it does.

If you're interested, the 9930 is still showing free + shipping on the website.

I'm not affiliated with RS. Just wanted to make sure those wanting a cheaper option knew of one.
    Keeping my data plan was a sticking point for me. I was eligible to upgrade last Feb, but they wouldn't let me keep my $15 data plan. I had CS on the line 2 weeks ago and they said I was eligible and I went thru the whole spiel. I guess they really wanted me to renew, because they let me keep my plan.

Glad you got yours for such a sweet deal. It's a huge upgrade from 9650!
    12-01-11 10:00 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD