I remember reading on crackberry that BIS was going to be upgraded...

For some reason, this morning, my Tour on verizon cannot connect to BIS. I have re-registered, reinstalled, and still nothing... is anyone having the same issue?
    Last edited by bkraft4637; 03-02-10 at 02:08 PM.
    03-02-10 01:32 PM
    I am hoping BIS is upgraded to allow calendar syncing, but if not oh well. Mine is connected today just fine.
    03-02-10 01:39 PM
    It looks like as if verizon has been getting a few phone calls from this and apparently this little surge of calls happens when there is a carrier "push".

In this case, Verizon pushed Social beat...

Sometimes if you're browser does not appear, its because a push happened recently. Simply perform a battery pull. After 45 seconds your browser will reappear with any goodies that may come with your phone reconnecting to Verizon's Blackberry Internet Services Server...

My BIS was not connected. After a battery pull, my browser (which had disappeared) came back, my tour reconnected to the BIS servers, and Social Beat also showed up on my phone.

There ya go... Tiny glitch...

Obviously, this doesnt happen to everyone...
    03-02-10 02:07 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/soc...kberry-430678/

But to a few so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 02:51 PM
    They are "aware" of the data outage, don't know why it is happening or when it will be resolved. Good times!
    03-03-10 06:37 AM
    They know when the bill is due, what to charge, the second you are late or go over your data/minutes!!!! Priority is customer satisfaction hahahahaha whatever!!!
    03-03-10 06:58 AM
    It looks like as if verizon has been getting a few phone calls from this and apparently this little surge of calls happens when there is a carrier "push".

Sometimes if you're browser does not appear, its because a push happened recently. Simply perform a battery pull. After 45 seconds your browser will reappear with any goodies that may come with your phone reconnecting to Verizon's Blackberry Internet Services Server...

My BIS was not connected. After a battery pull, my browser (which had disappeared) came back, my tour reconnected to the BIS servers, and Social Beat also showed up on my phone.

I didn't get this Social Beat application pushed to my phone -- yet -- but my phone had limited BB service outside of phone calls and texts.

Of course, I had been waiting on an important phone call since waking up for the day late morning, so I couldn't do a battery pull and risk missing the call. But once I got the call, and did the battery pull, it worked -- and boy did my phone blow up with e-mails and Facebook posts!
    03-03-10 03:09 PM

I'm not so sure this is correct. I was without BIS for well over an hour this morning. Battery pulls did nothing to resolve the issue. Finally around 8 am it self corrected. I'm hoping they were doing some back end work for the upgrade.

EDIT: I see this was from yesterday. I was experiencing issues this morning, 3-3-2010 from about 5:30 to 8:00am.
    Last edited by Guy_Smiley19; 03-03-10 at 04:03 PM.
    03-03-10 03:58 PM
    I'm not so sure this is correct. I was without BIS for well over an hour this morning. Battery pulls did nothing to resolve the issue. Finally around 8 am it self corrected. I'm hoping they were doing some back end work for the upgrade.

EDIT: I see this was from yesterday. I was experiencing issues this morning, 3-3-2010 from about 5:30 to 8:00am.
    Honestly, I had those issues as well in the same time frame, but I went to bed and didn't worry about it since I could receive phone calls. And I still had issues come early this afternoon after waking up. So maybe it's all connected somehow? If not, it's odd that issues stretched over 24 hours.
    03-03-10 04:23 PM
    i was without BIS from 0500-0800 EST today.....
    03-03-10 04:54 PM
    bis was down when i woke up at 5:30 and its was up around 11:30 at lunch but was back down by 5:30 when i clocked out. They had better be getting an upgrade installed or this is just BS. I just convinced my girlfriend to try a BB out and now this... She may want to go back to her feature phone and not deal with outages like this if this is not resolved soon!
    Last edited by quicksilverss05; 03-03-10 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typo
    03-03-10 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD