Can anyone do the new wireless sync? This shows up under Gmail email settings
    Note: Depending on your messaging service plan, this feature might not be supported.

By default, wireless data synchronization is turned on for organizer data, such as contacts, on your BlackBerry device. If wireless data synchronization is turned off on your device, you must turn on wireless data synchonization before you try to synchronize your Google Mail contacts.

For more information about synchronization, click the Help icon on the Home screen of your device.

1. On the Home screen of your device, click the Contacts icon.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Click your Google Mail email address.
    5. Change the Wireless Synchronization field to Yes.
    6. Press the Menu key.
    7. Click Save.

When I try it does not let me change option 5. Email says NOT AVAILABLE, and calendar says NO. Was wonder if anyone has been able to do this.

I have
    • VZW
    • (5.0.0.230)

Thanks a lot
    Mat
    10-05-09 08:29 PM
    not on mine either...guess VZW doesn't support the feature yet...

in the mean time i use google sync...it sucks because it's been overwriting changes i make to contacts...like gmail is the host, and the device is just an extension...i prefer to have it the opposite...idk why this is so complicated. i use my device to communicate. that should be the priority in regards to contacts and calendars...this isn't BES...
    10-11-09 05:25 PM
    in the mean time i use google sync...it sucks because it's been overwriting changes i make to contacts..
    either...
    I had the same issue with Google Sync, kept deleting things off my calendar. Had to remove Google Sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 10:13 AM
    Never had an issue with google sync. works great. I took the 5.0 OS off my curve because of memory but I would say it may be due to the unauth OS version you have... but then what do I know...
    10-12-09 10:23 AM
    i wish they could get it to work...it would be badass!

i'm calling VZW today to see where they stand with the sync feature...i'll report "official response" consensus...
    10-12-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD