Just curious as I have not seen any documentation on this. Are their any new features for this upgrade and how does one get them, or was this just fix issues with 2.5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 01:37 PM
    Here is everything that you need to know about BIS 2.6.

http://crackberry.com/bis-2-6-rollout-getting-closer

03-21-09 02:08 PM
    How do we activate the new BIS service on our phone?
    03-21-09 03:42 PM
    You don't have to do anything - its a server side upgrade. If you want to take advantage of the new IMAP features you'll have to remove your Gmail address and re-add it.

03-21-09 03:46 PM
    Here is everything that you need to know about BIS 2.6.

http://crackberry.com/bis-2-6-rollout-getting-closer

Thank you for that link.
    03-21-09 04:19 PM
    You don't have to do anything - its a server side upgrade. If you want to take advantage of the new IMAP features you'll have to remove your Gmail address and re-add it.

Did it earlier, and emails come in MUCH quicker I've noticed now. My GMail notifier in Firefox is set to 1 minute refresh intervals and emails will arrive on BB before notifier refreshes. Before I've noticed it would take 1-5 minutes.
    03-21-09 04:23 PM
    SO did the upgrade take place today like planned? How can we confirm this?

Nevermind... I resent service books and got an email explaining how to leave messages on the server, and that was a new feature of 2.6. It seems it is complete!

FYI, gmail is FAST! I sent some test emails from other accounts and they pretty much hit my phone instantaneously. Wireless reconciliation was also really fast, it only took 5 seconds for emails deleted from my phone to delete in my inbox on my computer.
    Last edited by pricej636; 03-21-09 at 05:11 PM.
    03-21-09 04:54 PM
    Which method do you use to re-enter your gmail account? do you enter it the normal way, entering username and password, or do you re-enter your account the way GMail wants you to by manually entering your account info (leave password blank, enter your own info, etc...) glad to see this update, can't wait to take advantage of better GMail syncing!
    03-21-09 05:21 PM
    Under the new BIS 2.6 you can just enter your email address and password and it sets it up automatically as IMAP now. On the old system it was setup as POP.
    03-21-09 09:39 PM
    Under the new BIS 2.6 you can just enter your email address and password and it sets it up automatically as IMAP now. On the old system it was setup as POP.
    sweeeeeet. thanks for the info, I will relay the info as it is for my brother. I am glad to see RIM making GMail intergration a better experience. I switched carriers for now (obviously by my profile) but I am waiting to see what the niagra is like when it comes out. Thanks again guys!
    03-21-09 09:44 PM
    Remove old account enter email and password two clicks later...presto =D

03-22-09 08:09 AM
    I'm still experiencing the Gmail IMAP delivery delays after 2.6. I deleted and manually-recreated my Gmail account, got an acknowledgment message, and sent a test message. It's now 12 minutes and counting since it hit my Gmail server and it's still not on my device.

I'm running a 8330 Curve on Sprint with OS 4.5.
    03-22-09 08:16 AM
    Unless they changed the polling cycle of the BIS, it can take up to 20 mins to get email on a BB.
    03-22-09 08:25 AM
    I'm still experiencing the Gmail IMAP delivery delays after 2.6. I deleted and manually-recreated my Gmail account, got an acknowledgment message, and sent a test message. It's now 12 minutes and counting since it hit my Gmail server and it's still not on my device.

Same issues here. I've deleted the gmail account from my berry, and removed the service books, and did a battery pull, and I'm waiting for a while to see what happens.
    03-22-09 08:27 AM
    I'm still experiencing the Gmail IMAP delivery delays after 2.6....

Well THERE is your problem! Sprint! lol!

My test emails from various email accounts have been going through in less than 5 seconds. My gmail has always been pretty fast though, except for the past few days. I must be on a good server! My wireless reconciliation has been working really fast as well. Something deleted in my inbox disappears from my phone after a few seconds and vice versa.
    03-22-09 09:03 AM
    Ok, I re-integrated my gmail account, and it works great, and fast, and the one-way sync is very nice.
    03-22-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD