I am preparing to purchase first BB, Storm or Curve. Have read about the BIS, which I believe is approximately $24.99.
    Carrier is Verizon. Being so new, will the $24.99 plan be in addition to the Nationwide Connect Plan choices? Example: Starting Verizon plan is $69.99, add the $24.99, and that is the monthly cost.
    The BB site says 10MG data under detail box, how does that apply?
    Can I walk into Verizon store and purchase the BIS and the Plan choice?
    Are there other prepurchase details for me?
    01-08-09 09:59 AM
    BIS is $29.99 I believe, not 24.99, and it is unlimited.
    01-08-09 10:16 AM
    Heavy Fluid,

Question: Can I sign up for the BIS at the Verizon store along with the voice plan? Or, is BIS done elsewhere?
    Thanks again
    01-08-09 08:04 PM
    Once you had a voice plan and the data plan, you can set up yopur email from the phone or from the website. The should be able to help you set this up.
    01-08-09 08:20 PM
    Heavy Fluid,

Question: Can I sign up for the BIS at the Verizon store along with the voice plan? Or, is BIS done elsewhere?
    Thanks again
    Once you sign up with VZW, a BB data plan will be added to your account. You will probably want the cheaper BIS vs. BES. You can log in when you get home on your computer, and set your email up on the BIS site. Google for Verizon BIS. It should be the first link that comes up.
    01-08-09 08:39 PM
    Thanks, lastraid. You are a genius...
    01-09-09 12:34 PM
    Thanks Heavy Fluid. Got this basic info now, and visit VZ store to shop today with some knowledge.
    01-09-09 12:35 PM
    this is the VZW BIS site:

BlackBerry Internet Service

From that site you can set up email, edit filters, edit signatures, resend service books.
    01-09-09 12:35 PM
    With Verizon the first time you try to go to the BIS site on the computer it will give you error messages about the PIN when you try to create a new username/password. You will have to do it the first time on the BlackBerry itself under Email Setup. In there it will allow you to add the email accounts you wish to be on your BlackBerry, as well as create the username/password to enter the site on the computer. Just putting this out there so you don't get confused by that happening down the road when you do sign up for service.
    01-09-09 12:42 PM
    i'm not sure if that is correct. i set up my email first on the VZW BIS site online, not the device. i think you can do it either way! i didn't get any error message and the set up on the computer was easy.

when i first got my berry someone on this site asked that an experiment be done: to set the email up first on a pc and not the device. that is why i did it that way.

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-09-09 at 12:51 PM.
    01-09-09 12:45 PM
    Thanks chrisy520. Postings interesting to read. Once purchased, will to VZ bis site and enter device coding.
    01-09-09 12:54 PM