I want VZ Navi 4 back. Bing is one of the worst search engines ever. Yesterday I was trying to find a Swenson's Drive In location in NE Ohio, I typed "swensons", no results found, I typed "Swenson's", nothing. "Swen" "swens" "swenso". Still nothing. I type "drive in" sort through 6 pages of results and find it listed "Swenson's All American Drive In". So I tested it, typed "Swenson's All American Drive In", no results. WTF? I pay $10 a month for this? Fix this now verizon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 10:44 AM
    Verizon isn't here, man.

You need to communicate with them directly if you are trying to get information to them.

Posting on the CrackBerry.com forums isn't going to get information to Verizon.

Oh, and don't hold your breath expecting them to change it.
    07-04-10 11:21 AM
    I personally never thought about paying for VZ Navigator.. I figured I would just use Google maps.. In fact, I (personally) don't know anyone who uses VZ Navi.. *shakes head* And I have since used the Google maps on the Droid Eris and I can't believe how simple that is.. And free.. *mumbling something about "Stupid BB Storm"
    07-04-10 11:59 AM
    I use VZ Nav and really like it. I travel a lot for work and want voice turn by turn directions. I checked into Garmin, but according to their FAQ page, you must re-purchase the app when you upgrade your phone which I do about once a year. What i would like is an app that would allow me to SELECT my route ahead of time and then give me voice navigation for those directions.

However, I do agree that the BING search engine does suck - BIG TIME!
    Last edited by Flightless_Bird; 07-05-10 at 02:04 PM.
    07-05-10 02:02 PM
    VZnav is nice, i used it for quite some time.......until i got my eris and the google maps with voice search and audible turn by turn directions is amazing.
    07-05-10 02:19 PM
    Well I can't get the latest ver. of vzw navigator on my 8330(vzw doesn't offer one for it) .
    However.....
    It doesn't mater now since I got my incredible now and use google maps/navigation too .
    07-05-10 02:34 PM
    I use google or BB maps for the search and vz NAV for the navigation.

07-05-10 10:31 PM
    i thinks google maps is better and its free...
    07-05-10 10:44 PM
    google maps is better for search, it's not better for directions. With VZ Nav I can plug in my bluetooth headset and listen to directions with my phone in my shirt pocket or lying on the console. So yeah it's free, but it's not turn by turn voice navigation.

And, if you say you don't need it, are you one of those who uses/holds/views their phone while driving?
    07-06-10 08:40 AM
    Not to go off point here......

but is there a way to save Locations in Google maps?

Seems each time I switch software on phone, or do anything that requires me to reinstall Google maps, I lose all my saved locations.

Thanks.
    07-06-10 10:20 AM
    . So yeah it's free, but it's not turn by turn voice navigation.
    My incredible has google/maps/and navigation (turn by turn ) tho.
    07-06-10 10:45 AM
    My incredible has google/maps/and navigation (turn by turn ) tho.
    Yes, we know droids have free turn by turn. I for one do not want google to know more of me than they already do. I'd rather pay.
    07-09-10 03:13 PM
    I use VZ Nav and really like it. I travel a lot for work and want voice turn by turn directions. I checked into Garmin, but according to their FAQ page, you must re-purchase the app when you upgrade your phone which I do about once a year. What i would like is an app that would allow me to SELECT my route ahead of time and then give me voice navigation for those directions.

However, I do agree that the BING search engine does suck - BIG TIME!
    Have you tried Garmin yet? Ironically, even if you buy it every year for $100 its still cheaper than the $120 VZNav costs annually...

If you haven't, Garmin has a 7-day trial.
    07-09-10 03:22 PM
    Google is cool but I prefer VZ Nav. I wish it was on my Incredible.
    07-09-10 10:14 PM
    I feel that Verizon has struck a deal with Bing. They have taken over VZ Navigator as well as the BlackBerry browser on the new Bold. An alternative to searching for places of interest is to use Poynt. Then set VZ Navigator as the application to use for directions within Poynt. That way, if you find a business in Poynt, when you choose for it to give you directions, it will automatically load VZ Navigator.
    I would love it if Google updated the Google Maps for BlackBerry with turn by turn. Since they're really pushing Android, I doubt that will happen now. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
    As for Garmin, I went to their site to download the trial. It said my device isn't supported at this time.

07-11-10 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD