01-07-10 11:50 AM
28 12
tools
    Hey Crackberry guys and gals! I've set up a website and petition to help get Verizon's attention concerning this issue. It's still a work in progress, but I'd love to have you check it out and let me know what you think...

If you'd like to help get Google (and the other search engine options) back on Verizon, please visit:

Shame on you, Verizon Wireless - Please restore our BB search engine choices!

Again, feel free to give me feedback and suggestions! We can do this!

You can also follow the cause at Shame on You, VZW! (shameonyouvzw) on Twitter

Spread the word!

-Jeffrey
    12-26-09 11:27 PM
    i don't get it...i still have google for my search engine. what am i missing? i have the tour.
    12-26-09 11:50 PM
    Oh god, another thread on this crap.
    12-26-09 11:52 PM
    i don't get it...i still have google for my search engine. what am i missing? i have the tour.
    I have the Storm 2 and it happened about a week ago after a battery pull. My wife has the Tour and hers hasn't been affected yet either. I heard that Verizon was slowly implementing this change, so maybe your time is coming! haha...
    12-26-09 11:53 PM
    Oh god, another thread on this crap.
    Yup. The more the less merrier!!!!

You like Bing, ignore these threads.
    12-27-09 12:24 AM
    Yup. The more the less merrier!!!!

You like Bing, ignore these threads.
    It has nothing to do with me liking Bing, these whiny posts are all over the place. You would think they took your right to vote or something.
    12-27-09 01:10 AM
    Ok I know people that don't mind and all, and people that do but to me.. This is one big reason why I will never be on Verizon.. this company has a high tendancy of LOCKING users on what they DON'T want to use because the company cripples EVERYTHING! Oh God if I look at another Verizon phone again with the same crappy OS I will smash it.

They are even starting to find ways to cripple smart phones.. before it was no WiFi which is crazy now they are regulated to give it. Now they take money to push Bing.. they just take money for what ever reason. Youtube will pay them a million to not let Verizon users stream video during peak hours... DONE DEAL! (this is sarcastic just making a joke)
    12-27-09 03:46 AM
    i still have all search options too. Even if Bing was the only choice in the drop down menu, it wouldn't bother me. The other search engines are not being blocked. If they were, i would be annoyed. i wouldn't sign a petition though. i would leave VZW for another carrier. That's really the only thing that works to get businesses to change. Money.

However, since i also have google as my browser home page, and i never used the search bar within my browser, it'd be a non issue.
    This "issue" isn't something i'd get angry over. If my phone service was making me as upset as some are getting, i'd just make a change. Easy as that. Peace restored.

When i tired of AT&T service, i simply paid the ETF and left. i didn't get angry, call the BBB, yell at customer service, sign petitions. We have choices. We are capitalistic. Vote with your wallet. That's how businesses succeed or fail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 06:18 AM
    i still have all search options too. Even if Bing was the only choice in the drop down menu, it wouldn't bother me. The other search engines are not being blocked. If they were, i would be annoyed. i wouldn't sign a petition though. i would leave VZW for another carrier. That's really the only thing that works to get businesses to change. Money.

However, since i also have google as my browser home page, and i never used the search bar within my browser, it'd be a non issue.
    This "issue" isn't something i'd get angry over. If my phone service was making me as upset as some are getting, i'd just make a change. Easy as that. Peace restored.

When i tired of AT&T service, i simply paid the ETF and left. i didn't get angry, call the BBB, yell at customer service, sign petitions. We have choices. We are capitalistic. Vote with your wallet. That's how businesses succeed or fail.

I concur... I have google as my homepage and dont use the "search" bar anyway. I hid my bing icon and went about my business. I dont see what the big flipping deal is with the bing hating.
    12-27-09 08:24 AM
    I use my search bar all the time.
    12-27-09 08:41 AM
    I too use my search bar. Bing hasn't been activated as my only choice on my curve yet but when it does I will take the advice already posted here which is set your homepage to google or make google a bookmark. Problem solved. When I first got my blackberry, I was strictly a yahoo search person. But since all of life is about change people need to learn to not get upset when things change. It happens everyday in life. It's a search engine, not life and death.

12-27-09 09:19 AM
    It's not life and death, but it's reduced functionality for no apparently valid reason.

12-27-09 09:22 AM
    It's not life and death, but it's reduced functionality for no apparently valid reason.
    That's what bugs me. Yes, do what the computer manufacturers did for years - install Internet Explorer but allow folks to still alter that "default." Bing is not just a default - this is the only way. And I, too, use the search bar regularly. And I don't want to change my home page - my home page is MY home page - with links I visit regularly. Verizon will effectively slow my use of the phone by making me take extra steps to get to google.
    12-27-09 10:03 AM

I think you're my favorite person on this forum.
    12-28-09 04:19 AM
    If we paid the ETF and switched carriers every time they did something we didn't like, we'd always be broke and run out of carriers in short order.

We don't leave our country when a new law that we don't like is passed, do we? No...we write to our representatives for change.

12-28-09 04:41 AM
    I hate to ask this stupid question, but I'm not going to start a new thread about it. I have a 9530, and I still have all my search options. I've don't a couple battery pulls over the past week. My question is: Am I the only one? Or are other Storm1 owners in the same boat?
    12-28-09 10:55 AM
    The Bing Only Broswer push is only for Storm 2 and Curve 2 owners, the other Blackberry's will follow soon. No ETA.
    12-28-09 11:02 AM
    12-28-09 11:10 AM
    I would be a bit peeved if they changed my search bar, but I agree, the whiney threads about it are a bit much. You know what's more powerful than a petition? Cancelling your account.

BTW, it seems as though your petition signing widget does not work correctly.
    Last edited by TheSultan; 12-28-09 at 11:18 AM. Reason: extra info added.
    12-28-09 11:16 AM
    I would be a bit peeved if they changed my search bar, but I agree, the whiney threads about it are a bit much. You know what's more powerful than a petition? Cancelling your account.

BTW, it seems as though your petition signing widget does not work correctly.
    Well it is coming to the Tour soon too. Happy canceling.
    12-28-09 11:32 AM
    If we paid the ETF and switched carriers every time they did something we didn't like, we'd always be broke and run out of carriers in short order.

We don't leave our country when a new law that we don't like is passed, do we? No...we write to our representatives for change.

Unfortunately, someone else writes their representative for just the opposite change!!! Or worse, YOUR representative!
    12-28-09 12:21 PM
    Thanks to everyone who has visited the site and signed the petition. I've gotten several positive emails from people, so keep spreading the word!

Also, I've fixed the petition widget, so if you tried to sign it before and had trouble, it should work now!
    12-29-09 10:23 PM

I Agree with you if you tuck tail and run when your wireless carrier does something you do not like, then they never get forced to do what is right. You need to try to change what makes you upset because when you run and all the other carriers also make you mad your going to eventually run out of places to run to. Eventually everyone has to take a stand.
    12-29-09 11:50 PM
    Hey guys! We're up to 41 signatures on the petition... Please keep passing the word! Shame on you, Verizon Wireless - Please restore our BB search engine choices!

I'll be adding some more content tomorrow, so be sure to check it out!
    01-07-10 02:46 AM
    41 signatures. ~4,000,000 Blackberry users. I see this making a huge impact

01-07-10 09:42 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD